Just Because

I see extremly hot guys walking around campus all the time, but when I get to class, I can't seem to find any. Do they have special classes for incredibly attractive men that I'm unaware of?

      I walk back in the door and kick my shoes off from, yet another, unsuccessful date. The guy was kind of a huge loser. He looked at my butt way too often to be decent. At least he was nice to look at. He had a pretty boy face.

I walk down the hallway and into the common area. Poppy and Rhea sit on the couches reading separate books. They look up and Poppy smiles, "How was the date?"

Rhea looks up too, with a teasing glance, "She's late. Did someone have a little too much fun this evening?"

I look at her in horror, "No way."

Rhea laughs and looks back at her book, but Poppy continues, "How was he? I know he's cute, but how are his manners?"

I sigh, walking over to the smallish dorm kitchen, setting my purse on the counter, "Crappy. His north end looked at my south end WAY too often. He's a piece of eye candy, alright. Except he's a mint because he's a little too fresh."

The girls chuckle. Poppy looks at me sympatheticly, "That's too bad."

"Yeah." I mumble, opening the fridge and snatching out a water bottle.

Rhea mumbles under her breath, "You should go out with Zeke Davies."

I feel a breath hitch in my throat and Poppy nods, "I agree!"

"My gosh, I'm not going out with Zeke!" I exclaim.

"Well, why not?" Rhea asks.

"Because! He hasn't even asked me out. And we haven't even gotten past the friendly hellos yet." I reason.

"Yet." Rhea mumbles.

"Whatever." I roll my eyes.

"But-" Poppy starts.

I hear the front door open and keys jangle as they're hung on the hook. Then Rhea's roommate, Rosabel Thomas, walks in, from a date of her own. We all look at her and she smiles, "Ladies, I have met the man I'm going to marry!"

We all look at her in surprise.

"He proposed to you on the third date!?"

Rosabel laughs, "Of course not! That doesn't mean I'm not going to marry him."

Rhea and I share a glance, "Okayyyy."

I clear my throat, "I'd love to hear about your date, but I'm leaving in a couple days, and I have to pack tonight since I have that big test on Thursday that I intend to stay up til midnight cramming for. So you'll have to tell me later."

Rosabel looks at my cheerfully, "Okay!"

As I walk out of the room, Rhea calls, "You're going to get Percys autograph for me right?"

I call back as I walk into my room, "Sure thing."

I close the door to my room, and think to myself, "Or maybe not. He likes the attention he gets way too much."

: : : :

Not to sound like a negitive Nancy or anything, but I have a great dislike of paparazzi.

     "Here, let me flash this bright light in your face! Oh, is it bothering you? Well, let me do it again!"

As soon as I got out of baggage claim and met my brother, the cameras started flashing. I hardly pulled out of a greeting hug when the reporters started swarming us, trying to ask countless questions.