It's a Girl

The thing that screws me up the most is the picture I've had in my head for the last few months. I would be married now. I would be in Australia. Will and I would be figuring out our future and making it happen. I would be starting a family in a year and a half. Have a kid and buy a bigger house somewhere with a spoacious backyard that Daisy could run around in.

It wasn't supposed to go like this. It wasn't supposed to happen like this.

Thinking about it kills me. It breaks my heart. Why didn't he tell me? Why did he let me stay trapped in that relationship? It makes me angry. And sad. I can't seem to settle on one emotion. They keep changing too quickly. It goes from anger to sadness to confusion and the change in my moods is confusing too.

I know I should probably do something dumb. I need to get this out of my system. But right now, I sit in an airport, somewhere in Oregon unsure of what my next move should be.

How do I move on from this? How do I get past these next two weeks? I hadn't planned this. In mind mind, I was without a doubt marrying Will. Now.....now what? How do you move on from an almost marriage?

I sit on a chair in the airport, my knees tucked up to my chest. I bury by face in my knees, like a little hiding space for me. I need to get on another plane soon. I'm not staying in Oregon. There's nothing to distract me here. And I need to get back to Harvard. But I don't want Will to find me. I can't go back to Poppy. Or Marybel, or Rhea. Not even Mrs. Regan could scare Will off now.

So where will I go?

I sit in the chair, my thoughts weighed down by unsurety.

No where to go.

I have no where to go.

I could go to Iris' but she'll want to talk about it. And Will and Thomas are/were friends, I don't know where they stand anymore. But Will could show up.

No where to go.

I lift my head up, resting my chin on my knee. I try beyond all trying to think of something I can do. I mustn't be found. I should change my name. I could stay at a hotel. And I'll have to quit my job at the library.

This sucks.

No where to go.

Suddenly my cell phone rings. I look at the caller ID.

Percy.

I sigh, reluctantly answering it, but I don't say hello when I answer the line.

I hear people in the back ground, talking quietly. I catch phrases here and there.

"-haven't talked to her for hours."

"-hasn't answered any of my texts."

"-think she's okay?"

After a few seconds, Percy says, sounding curious and worried.

"Hello? Sid?"

I still don't talk. I just take small even breaths.

There's someone in the background - it sounds like Dylan.

"Did you get her?"

I hear Percy, "I think so. She's not talking though."

I continue to stay quiet.

Percy continues to listen, "I can hear you breathing, Sidney. I know you're there.....I wish you'd talk to me."

Silence, even in the background. Everyone is trying to listen.

Percy continues, "We're all back at Mom and Dads house. Except for Thomas. He's with Will, trying to talk to him, calm him down. We're worried about you. I get that you don't want to talk to anyone. Will was a jerk. He really was. A huge jerk. But.....I mean, he told us everything. And as much as I really hate the guy right now, I can sort of see where he's coming from. And I really don't want to Sidney. Really. I want to loathe him for all entirnity, but he's human too. I respect him for loving you. I don't respect him for not being a man and telling you everything. And maybe you should cut him a little slack. Even though I hate him. The guys is devestated. Anyway, none of us really know what to do. Dylan and Ki don't want to have to choose sides. Thomas really doesn't want to, seeing as we're all related and stuff. I don't think any of us want to choose a side, but if we have to Sidney, if you don't want us to talk to him or see him anymore, we won't. I'll choose your side, Sidney. I'll always choose your side. Even Dylan is mad enough right now that he'd probably pick your side too. He doesn't like that Will didn't tell him. Anyway, we'll do what you want just.....when you feel like talking, tell us what to do. And, um, check in with us soon, let us know where you are. We tried driving around the city and we couldn't find you or your car, so.....yeah. I'm sorry about all this, Sidney."