No Matter What

Will and I walk up to the house together. It's a small, yellow town house in the suburbs of London. Flowers line a window, traveling up to the walkway. I look at Will, feeling nervous. He looks completely calm. Easy for him, he's met his parents before. I'm the one that has to meet them now. And he doesn't have any siblings to make it easier for me. I can deal with siblings.

My nice green shirt is a little snug and my gray jeans come just above my ankle, following the current trend. Hopefully they like style. They won't even realize that I've changed out of my usual attire of crappy, worn out t-shirts, leggings and soccer shorts for them. Unless Will has shown them pictures. Crap, he probably has shown them pictures! Crap! Crap! Crap, crap, crap!

Will looks at me knowingly, "Stop it."

I look at him, "I'm not doing anything."

I raises an eyebrow, "You're thinking negatively, stop it."

"Can't help it." I mutter.

"Can too." He nods, "They will love you and if they don't - that's too bad."

"They're your parents. They raised you. They raised you to be who you are, they raised you to marry a specific girl they had in mind. They want what's best for you, what if they don't think I'm the best?" I say, stumbling over my words.

He wraps an arm around me, urging me towards the front door, "I've told them all about you. They already know you're too good, and too smart for me. Shoot, they looked up Harvard. And do you know the acceptance rate for Harvard?"

The answer immediately pops into my head, and being the nerd I am, I answer in a split second, "On average there's an eight percent acceptancy rate." I blush at the fact that I just KNOW that.

Will grins, "Exactly. So she figures you must be pretty dang smart."

"Well....." I mutter.

Will continues smiling, as we walk towards the door slowly, "And my Dad thinks you're pretty, so you're set."

I smile a little, "You were probably too nice in describing me."

We steps up to the front door, "Sidney, my vocabulary is not large enough to describe how perfect you are."

I'm not quite sure how to respond to that, so I just wrap both arms around him, giving him a tight hug. He kisses the top of my head before I pull away and look up at him.

He smirks, "Ready to go in?"

"I guess." I say, sliding my hand into his for comfort.

"Right." He says, walking right in without knocking and pulling me along, "Onwards."

"Wait," I whisper, quickly, "Shouldn't you knock? Will! Come back, we should knock, it's-"

"William!"

Will looks up to a short blonde woman. He grins, happily, "Mum!"

He steps over to her, embracing her, "Ah, I've missed you, Mum."

She smiles, patting his back, "My sweet boy, I've missed you too."

She pulls away, looking at me, and stepping over to me, "And you must be Sidney."

I step forward. I'm unsure of what to do, so I hold my hand out for her to shake, "Yes, ma'am, it's so great to meet you."

She looks at my hand and laughs, "I'm not having any of that, I'll give you a hug."