In the Locker Room

I stride into the locker room. I wipe the sweat off my forehead. I'm so glad there are other soccer nerds on campus that will play recreational soccer with me. And Poppy of course, who comes to play with me because she's bored.

Poppy walks beside me, "I'm pretty sure I suck at soccer, but it's still nice to get a good workout."

"You're actually really for for someone who never played growing up." I point out.

"Thanks." She grins.

Several other girls I play with add, "Yeah, really Poppy, you're great."

"And even if you weren't it's just for fun anyway."

I search through my bag, trying to find my towel, "I need to shower......I think I left my towel in my locker."

"Do you want me to get it for you?" Poppy asks, looking in the mirror.

"Nah." I look at her, "I'll get it."

I turn around and look at my locker, finding it cracked open. The lockers don't actually come with locks - you have to supply your own. But that's fine with me, no one ever wants my stuff anyway. I only use it once or maybe twice a week if i'm lucky, and I only keep a first aid kit and an extra bottle of ice water in there just in case. I wouldn't put my clothes in there, it smells like sweaty socks and mold. Anyway, point is, sometimes people will open the lockers and find someone else is using it and they dont close it all the way back. Because they're so considerate like that.

Not.

I shake my head, walking over to it, "I really should buy a lock for this. Not that anyone wants my amazing dollar store bottles or anything, but-"

I open the locker and I see a blur of blue and a package falls out of the locker. I gasp and the girls look over. I bend down and peek at what has fallen out of my locker.

What.

The.

Crap?

On the floor lay a bunch of sexual awareness pamphlets. Papers about aids, safe sex, etc. And the package - an open box of condoms, a couple of them have fallen out.

My mouth falls open and I hear someone giggle behind me. I look behind me, some of the girls look at me seriously, with wide eyes. Others giggle and cover their mouths. I feel my cheeks taint red, "Those aren't....."

One of the girls giggles, "Sure, Sid."

"They aren't!" I exclaim.

Poppy looks at me confused. I shake my head.

I honestly dont know who would've put this in my locker.

: : : : :

Rhea snorts and falls over laughing, "Someone put condoms in your locker?"

"It's not funny!" I squeal.

"Are you kidding me? It's hilarious!" Rhea giggles, looking at where I dumped the contents of the pamphlets and the box.

"It was embarrassing!" I pout.

"Her face turned fifty different shades of red." Poppy mutters, popping a jelly bean in her mouth.

"They're not mine!" I say, my voice getting high pitched, "Who would put this stuff in my locker?"

"Who hates you right now?" Rhea asks, looking at me.