High School

I huff as I look at myself in the mirror. Will and I are staying at my Mom and Dads apartment while we're in town for the reunion. I've lived in an apartment for as long as I can remember. It's always been a little cluttered, with souvenirs from many summers in Europe - and more specifically Hungary. There's all sorts of quirky art on the walls and books are everywhere - curtosy of my Dad. He's probably the reseason i'm so smart. Because he always kept pleanty of books on hand.

I've been staying in my old room, while Will is bunking in Percys, because my Mom and Dad would probably feel uncomfortable if we were in the same room.

The walls match my dress - pink. I used to be a kind of girly when I was little. I was never a Barbie person, but I liked dressing up. And I really liked the color pink. I'd just never repainted the walls.

I look at myself dissatisfied. One time when we were younger, Iris told me she wanted my hair, because it was "naturally messy" and she had to work to make her hair messy. I would give anything if my hair would cooperate every now and then. The waves of dark hair seem to flip up here and there, making it look like I'm trying to be stylish or hipster, even though I wish it would just be normal. Frankly, I want Iris' thin hair. Sometimes her hair is naturally curly and sometimes it straight. It changes, makes her look cute. And then Juliettes is always straight. Thalias is always curly. Mine is always messy.

I groan, tilting my head back.

Life is just so fair.

Not.

There's a knock at my door. An addicting British voice, that causes my heart to spark, quietly calls, "Sid?"

I peer at the door, "Come in, Will."

He cracks the door open, sticking his head in, searching for me. When he sees me, his eyes seem to light up. He steps in the room, crossing the floor. He steps up to me, kissing my forehead, "You're beautiful.

I grunt, smiling softly.

He chuckles, "Or maybe I should make it easier on you - your chromosomes have combined beautifully."

I smile, "Thank you."

He looks at me with those deep, thoughtful, happy eyes, "Do those smiles come with kisses?"

I smirk, kissing him quickly on the lips, "You're sure flirtatious today."

He groans, "Hey, that kiss wasn't long enough!"

I shrug, "I have lip gloss on! You realize that I hardly ever put lip gloss on? I will not ruin it yet!"

Will looks at me, eyebrows playfully raised, "Most men would agree with me that lip gloss was made to be ruined."

I smirk and roll my eyes, "You ready to go yet?"

He grins, "Yes, ma'am."

I grab my purse and start to walk out of my room, when Will calls, "Hey!"

I look back at him.

He furrows his eyebrows, "Kiss me if i'm wrong but.....dinosaurs still exsist, right?"

I laugh, stepping over and giving him a longer, softer kiss. He chuckles into the kiss, his laughter dancing in my mouth, creating one of the most wonderful feelings.

I pull away, Will immediately goes into pout mode, but I grab his hand, tugging him out the door, "Come on."

: : : : :