Good Looks

"Sleepy!" I groan, leaning into the window, as streets and cars and all manner of things pass by.

     Will mocks my tone, "We're almost there!"

     I groan, "Midnight!"

     "Poor child." Will shakes his head.

      I groan and look over at him. His eyes flicker over to me for a second, looking rather amused at my weak state. His wide shoulders fall up and down evenly. He too, looks tired.

     I lean over, playfully, seductively whispering  "I need you. I respect you."

     I can tell a slight shiver goes through him. He smirks and glances over at me, "I value you."

     It's become sort of a game of ours. Thinking of really cheesy, lovey lines. A lot of them don't make sense - but that's part of the fun. We'd throw them back and forth at each other for our own amusement, but secretly, it felt nice hearing some of the things he said. Because maybe he really felt the exact way he said some of them. I also kind of hoped he felt the same way about this little game that I did.

      I over dramatize, "I WORSHIP you!"

     "I YEARN for you!" He smiles, easily.

     "I want a lifetime with you." The words fall out of my mouth. I immediately feel my cheeks turn red and the car falls silent. Will looks at me, intrigued. It's obvious he's not sure how to respond to that. He looks back tot the road, letting me stew in my own soup.

     The thought had recently been on my mind. What Tobias had said - "If you know they're the one you want to spend the rest of your life with - why wait?" I was quite certain that I wanted to spend my life with Will. After four whole months of dating. But there was no way I was asking him. He'd have to ask me. We hadn't even had the awkward ex conversation yet. Much less the marriage one. But I'd like to. I wanted to. But Will hadn't mentioned anything. The whole thing just stressed me out. Like the exact same two thoughts bouncing around in my head, but I can't do anything but think about them. It's maddening.

     After a minute or so of silence, Will looks back at me, "I would too."

     I slowly turn to glance at him, but he doesn't look at me, he keeps his eyes on the road. He looks a little emabrassed and nervous too. His hands tighten around the steering wheel. I feel a slow smirk twist onto my face as I face forward again.

     :     :     :     :    :

     When we reach Iris and Thomas' apartment, the lights are still on. As we try to quietly walk up the stairs, so we don't wake any of their neighbors, we hear a crash come from her apartment, followed by a burst of laughter.

     I guess we don't really needs to worry about waking anyone up.

     We approach the door and knock.

     Some one shouts, "WILLY! SIDNEY!"

     I hear Iris cry, "Dylan!"

     A few seconds later, the door is thrown open to show two tall young men with dark hair and goofy grins on their faces.

     Dylan throws his arms wide, "Oh! It's the love of my life! And Will's here too!"

     Ki falls over in a fit of laughter.

     Will smirks, "And the circus is back in town."

     Dylan throws an arm around Will, "Baby, the circus had been in town."