Gowns and Secrets

Marybel leans against the car, her blonde hair looking perfect as does her makeup. Juliette has her hair in a pony tail, wearing a Minecraft T-shirt. I wear a red stripped shirt and comfy cargo pants.

Marybel calls out, "Okay! Let's get this show on the road!"

Juliette grabs my arm, dragging me towards the car, "It's like you don't WANT to look nice for your wedding."

I groan, trying to escape, "I DO! I just don't want to pick out a wedding dress from FORCE!"

"TWO WEEKS, SIDNEY! YOUR WEDDING IS IN TWO WEEKS!" Juliette yells, pushing me in the backseat.

Marybel gets in the passengers side and Juliette slides in, locking the doors and buckling up before I can try to escape again. I rattle the door handle, but the door doesn't budge.

I scowl at Juliette, "I hate you."

"I'm doing this for your own good." Juliette says, looking in the rearveiw mirror.

Marybel is honest, "I'm doing this because I love shopping and your husband asked me too and Will is hot, so."

I glance at her, "Have I ever told you of the time I once killed someone with my bare hands because they started flirting with Will?"

Marybel widens her eyes and Juliette chuckles.

Juliette looks back at me, "If you want to, we can just grab the first dress in your size and then get the heck out of dodge."

"That's not how you shop for a wedding dress!" I exclaim.

"Then suck it up. We're dress shopping." Juliette grumbles.

As we pass cars, I tug the handle and shout, "HELP! I'M BEING TAKEN HOSTAGE! HELP!"

Juliette hollers, "SIDNEY, SHUT UP BEFORE WE GET PULLED OVER OR SOMETHING!"

"FREEDOM! I NEED FREEDOM!" I shout.

"I will call Percy." Juliette threatens.

That manages to shut me up. Big brother know things. They can do things. We get to the shop after another few minutes of Marybel forcing us to listen to Lorde and I leap out of the car, unsure if I dread trying on countless dresses more than I dread getting back in the car to listen to Lorde. I SWEAR all of her music sounds exactly the same.

Marybel loops arms with me, "This is going to be FUN!"

"Kill me." I mutter as we walk to the store door.

Juliette grins at me, "I'm sure Dylan would do a superb job at that. As long as he had a gun."

My head snaps over to her, "Do not even go there."

Juliette chuckles evily.

We step in and i'm faced with rack upon rack filled with dresses of every kind. I haven't really had a lot of experience looking at wedding dresses. I know Iris has a HUGE wedding Pinterest board and pretty much a board for every category, but my Pinterest page consists of a boards called "excercise", " food", "Soccer=My Life", and " house". I'm not sure if it's pathetic or not.

So as I walk in, some dresses totally disgust me, while others actually catch my eye.

Marybel gasps, and runs over to a dress that has way too much frills and laces for me, "What about this one!?"

I cringe, "Not really my style."

Juliette places her hand on her hip and looks around, "Okay. Let's find this dress."