✓Chapter 26

Car Flips and Rag Dolls

Sophie's pov

"This is too easy" I tell Billie as we walk down the hallways with cells on each side and a wall to hold the bars that don't go to the ceiling but create a cage. "I don't like this feeling either" my girl whispers before stopping.

She takes my hand abruptly tugging me back a step and I heed her warning. A growl.

A deep hungry guttural growl.

Then another growl.

Feet dragging.

Noses sniffing.

More hungry growls...

We look to the far end of the hallway where all the doors are wide open except for one and I can see hunched shadows under the dim lights shuffling together.

Slowly Billie and I move back as I create a plan in my head,if this was the man's plan on how to get rid of us we can't go inside a cage, we'll starve to death. I look up at the ceiling and I can't help gulping slightly at the sight, that's the only way we can get out of here...

"Don't you dare enter a cell we're going to turn back to where Scarface is lying dead and we'll climb up the cage and stay at the top of the cell" Billie stares at me confused before her eyes go wide knowing what I mean.

"You will turn around and make sure no zed will try to attack us from behind if I yell run,you will run" I whisper firmly and my girl doesn't waste time doing like I've asked and guides me covering our back as I watch the zeds.

"Almost close Scarface" she whispers and I squeeze her hand as acknowledgement. She stops and I help her climb up the cage Morgan was locked in making little to no noise as possible before handing her the gun and my metal bar.

As my hands clasp the metal and set my foot on the bar ready to follow Billie a loud ring echoes through the place exactly from the same cage we had been locked up in earlier and that gets the zeds attention they run into the hallway so fast, probably among the newly turned, seeing me a loud screech echoes through the place as they break into a run towards me,I waste no time not caring about how much noise I make as I climb up the cage.

Billie grabs my arm pulling me up and we move to the back breathing heavily our backs against the wall just as the first zed got to the cell banging it's head on the cage with abandon as a few of his friends feasted upon Scarface.

"Fuck!" Billie says hugging me close and I take deep breaths wrapping my hands around her waist. A loud malicious chuckle echoes through the place and I feel my eye twitch. "Are you still there?" He asks keeping quiet as if expecting a response "let me guess you thought getting into a cell could save you... Think again" skinny bastard says and a beep sounds as the doors to all the cages open.

My mouth drops open and I actually feel glad that I told Billie to get up here with me than lock ourselves inside a cell,we would be goners by now. How the fuck does he have all the resources to do this?!

"Panther will give me the cure whether she wants to or not" is the last thing he says before everything goes quiet. The zeds inside the cage Morgan was in try to reach us groaning hungrily,they stumble into each other dumbly and I hold Billie close thankful that there are no elites among this zeds. That would be even messier.

They stop after a while smelling us from below before moving away from me trying to reach Billie alone,my eyes go wide at the new revelation.

They think I'm one of them!