✓Chapter 15

Hestia

Billie's pov

Morgan went back to ride with Terra and I stayed by Sophie's side,she lay on the bed,after being given a painkiller and cream for the bad bruise she gave herself saving Jinx before being sadated ,we didn't need more proof she's genuine, she wants to fit in.

She could've ignored Jinx's demise but she risked it,she could've broken in two getting seriously hurt,the rope could've snapped in two, something bad could've happened but she risked her life for someone she doesn't know.

Someone she hasn't exchanged more than ten pleasantries with, placing a kiss on her forehead mumbling a silent thank you as a sleeping Ronin snuggled closer to her. I moved to the front of the RV watching the other girl shaking in her sleep, Aerith gave her a shot too before pulling the dining couch out letting her get some sleep.

Having your life flash in front of your eyes must be scary "will she be ok?" I ask lowly and Aerith nodded "just shaken up, she'll probably suffer from acrophobia, maybe PTSD but otherwise she should be fine she suffered mentally, physically she'll get through it" she smiled softly and I nodded walking to the front.

We had to wait for Aerith to tend to them both before moving on that was two hours ago since Jinx was too scared to let Sophie go like she was gonna fall again,I pat Milan's back taking my seat,there was comfortable silence in the RV,Terra's face reflected pride at our group and I felt the same,my family was something else sure we're all different in our own way but that's what makes us the best.

The grassland and trees gave way to a small deserted town before taking a turn and the tall wall fixed with electric chains-which probably don't work- at the top,the big letters on the gate about the huge museum stayed locked.

A chuckle tore from my throat heartily making Milan smile "you thinking what I'm thinking?" I ask making him nod "the walking dead" we said together before laughing out loud again "I bet they call themselves the hilltop" he added making me howl.

"Probably got no ammo,do they got spears?" I ask checking to see a few shining metals from the top of the wall, Milan snorted loudly watching Terra get off the Porsche waving. Girls on one side appeared with bows and arrows followed by a few guys wielding big guns.

"Ok they probably got ammo" I add watching as we rode into the compound,I felt a small hand pat my head and I looked up to see Ronin smilling lazily from Sophie's chest "you're awake" I hold my hands out relieving her of the child from her hurt waist and Claudia helped her sit as she nodded.

"How long was I asleep for?" She asks throwing her head back "an hour,even sedatives can't cure your insomnia" I joke making her chuckle "yeah,I need bigger rigs"

"I'll make sure to add extra next time. Tea?" Aerith said handing her the hot drink, Sophie stared at the drink curiously before staring back at Aerith "oh c'mon it's for your sore muscles,if I wanted to put you to sleep I would give you another shot without asking" she walked away making the other girl roll her eyes before taking a sip of the tea making her eyes go wide "tasty" she mumbled taking more.

Ronin's soft snores got my attention and I smiled to myself, probably woke up when she felt Sophie move,my eyes darted outside to Morgan, she and Terra were talking to another short but slim woman with short black hair a few white ones scattered probably dictating she was getting older.

She nodded to everything the white haired girl asked and in no time she was taking large graceful strides towards the RV.

The door opened and she stepped in casting an eye on Jinx for a minute before moving to us.