✓Chapter 39

Fuelled Runaways.

Morgan's Pov

I look at the people I've had with me for eight months now some came later but have been more than friends, they're my family now. Curious gazes look back at me and I sigh running a hand over my face.

"Have you noticed anything weird going on of late?" I ask lowly and the lot shake their heads and I lean into my chair "for the past two months we've been here some of the people we came in with and some who have been coming later are being taken away after the release of blood sample results" I say making my family stare at each other lost.

"Last week Billie bashed and killed an infected that had 'mysteriosly' breached the walls and hid in hers and Fin's tent after entertainment night with her guitar" I say making the people in the room all turn to look at my girlfriend with shocked expressions.

"Afterwards a few soldiers showed up at the scene and pretended to be very sorry and asked her and her crew not to tell anyone as they took her blood sample a second time,to make sure she wasn't 'infected' after killing the zombie" I blow out a breath before turning my eyes to Sophie who licks her lips as she adjusts herself on her seat "there are hidden files,very protected in the computers,I managed to crack one two days ago without tripping the firewalls and I got some shocking revelation... The apocalypse isn't going anywhere" she whispers making defeated sighs come from everyone.

"They've lost control of the virus,it wasn't only America that had crazy people trying to reduce world population,there's no continent without the virus some countries have managed to reduce the number of zombies it's still hard because they didn't anticipate the rise of the elites. The aerosol like antidote they had invented to kill the zombies works but the elites won't be affected much,so now they're looking for holes" she adds looking at Billie.

"Back at the penthouse, Billie admitted to have encountered two elites and killed them one that followed her for hours and the other back at Millie's,so now they're trying to study her blood to see if she has any secrets to hide,that makes her a wide target and she can be taken away anytime if she dares walk out of that door alone or left alone" she says and Finneas sighs.

"That's why you asked me to stick by her no matter what" he mumbles staring sadly at his sister and I nod. "They might try to take Sophie's or my blood a second time because she's been with us all through and we all know what happens if they manage to do so... We all disappear" I add and Claudia sighs cradling her tummy.

"They don't spare anyone if they think they can have some sort of control back and I'm not about to let them have Ronin,so we've been talking,the weather pattern has been changing again and according to the forecast on the board,winter comes in a week or probably less... Billie has already explained this to your parents Finneas,she can't stay to become a lab rat,neither can the both of us,Ronin leaves with me too,I'm not asking anyone to come with me but we'll need your help if we're to escape" I leave the statement in their air and I get smiles back.

"I can get us a humvee for the long drive,Kalvin has been giving me a few driving lessons" Milan says with a smug smile staring at Sophie whose jaw drops in disbelief! "You little shit–" she goes to stand and I raise an index her way "the both of you can fight over the testosterone filled human later, please" I sigh out and Sophie drops back into her seat with a pout and Milan throws his tongue at her.

"You're coming?" I ask him and he nods "ofcourse,I told you there's no day you'll get rid of me so quick" he says with a smile and I nod gratefully.

"You think you're about to leave your little sister behind? Not a chance,I'll grab us a few medicines,I needed to restock my RV unit anyway" Aerith adds with a smile and I mouth a thank you to her as Magness glares at the back of her head "you think your ass is gonna get another woman simply because you're leaving me here? Think again this Italian breed is coming,I'll grab us food" she says staring straight at Aerith who leans away slightly "I thought I said I only love you!" She adds exasperated and her girlfriend leans in closer with narrowed eyes "mhhh hmm" she says with pursed lips and I mouth a yikes to myself.