✓Chapter 16

The Iron Maiden

Billie's pov

Waking up to faint singing I couldn't help but notice how beautiful her voice was.

I was a little curious and asked Sophie if she was going to stay,a smile broke from her lips when she looked at her brother and sister 'arguing' from a distance, before turning to me.

She said she can't stand being locked up,Hestia was a great place even greater now that the one person she was worried about not being able to find her way during a rainshower actually found a place she belongs and she had her brother,she was cool of we agreed to stay but wanted the thrill of being outside walls.

"I won't give up no I won't give in till I reach the end then I'll start again,I wanna believe I wanna try everything I wanna try even though I could fail" the heavyness dripping off Morgan's singing is highly recognizable.

I check to see if Aerith is awake but considering she'd been up for hours taking care of Jinx she's pretty knocked out,Jinx is sadated still sleeping on the couch,next to Sophie. Aerith argued she needed both her patients close making the rest share the bedroom, Sophie was sadated heavily too and she couldn't really fight Aerith when the doc speaks it goes.

My eyes were drawn to Morgan in the dim lights of the RV finding her laying back on the couch,eyes closed to the ceiling,light tears trailing from her cheeks a tiny smile adorning her features. I got off the bed pushing my blankets close to Ronin before pulling the curtain.

I took tiny steps to Morgan who watched me quietly,I sat on her lap sideways watching her back curiously. She pulled me up making me straddle her and I couldn't help feel a little flushed "what's wrong?" I ask lowly making her nose crinkle I tilted my head as an eyebrow rose challengingly.

"I don't know" she says lacing our fingers together bitting her lip "talk to me mama" I whisper, she draws in a deep breath opening her mouth before closing it pursing her lips thinking "I just... I just wish someone else could make the decisions, Jinx almost died,we could've lost Sophie... You.. I wish Greg we're still here he'd know what to do it's all weighing me down I don't think I can make the right ones anymore I'm pushing... trying... I don't know why I feel like I'm running out of luck" she chews on her inner cheeks before looking back into my eyes.

"Anytime I want to stop the training takes over,his voice rings in my head he trained me like a soldier but like his greatest asset, my mind works like his but I'm afraid I'll mess up one day" she brings my knuckles to her lips kissing them softly as her eyes closed.

I let myself fall over her placing my lips on her forehead softly before laying on her chest "they may be gone but they're never really gone,they live inside us reminding us we have hope, we're all fighting something right now we have each other, you don't have to do it alone" I squeeze our entwined fingers a little.

Her other hand moves holding me closer burying her face into my neck as my hand trails to her scalp,I twirl her hair around feeling her breath even,I try to move and her hand tightens around my torso,I raise my head finding her asleep.

Her long lashes casting a light shadow over her cheeks,nose flaring slightly as she breaths.

I settle back into her neck feeling a great sense of calm wash over me,my eyes close knowing someone has my back,I won't ever be alone,I have family.

★♪★

My eyes open slowly and I find myself in bed again Ronin busy snuggling into me,I look around finding Jinx smilling to herself as she took her hot drink,her eyes moved up to me from the couch and she smiled widely.