✓Chapter 3

Panther

I felt something move beneath me,a slight bump and i was thown into the air coming back to crash on the cold steel floor.

I opened my eyes feeling air get knocked out of me when I was thrown again "Billie,Bil..." I turned around only to find my oh so lovely brother.

"What?" I asked sitting up,i looked around and found my hands tied up behind my back with a zip tie,we're in the back of a van,I think "you okay?" My nose flared up as lunged for him.

"That's a damn pretty good question! I warned you you asshole but no you just had to be a bloody lady's man right?" I ask kicking him as he tried to move away.

"Quiet back there!" A man's voice said agitated "fuck you!" I spat "You little bitch!" He growled and I laughed "better than your whore!"

"Billie stop your making them mad!" Fin said through gritted teeth "do I look like I fucking care? I'm here because of your stupid ass Finneas!" I growl angrily.

"It is her!"

" You sure?"

"Yeah,it's Panther!" Who the fuck is Panther?

"Who are y'all talking about?" I asked interested ignoring the pang of anger rattling through my chest for my brother.

The small window opened and the bitch–– oh sorry Nadia peeped through "you don't know who panther is?" She asks in disbelief and I shrug.

"She's the fastest thing we've ever seen,her blades are so sharp they would cut through anything,she so stealthy that you wouldn't know when she's gonna attack and the zombies... Those things fear her! You don't get to live when you come face to face! She doesn't have a weakness like she was made in a lab!" They all exclaim at the same time as if they've told this story dozens of times.

"Nnope! Never heard of her" might it be that girl? "Well that's... bad actually" she says closing it up.

There were whispers from the front a few minutes later and a door that I hadn't noticed opened up a boy came in,he untied my zip lock and Fin's too,he opened the back door taking one gun and one full magazine.

He gestured for us to come outside and gave Fin the weapon and ammo,he got back into the vehicle which moved a few blocks forward as he closed the door before the horn started beeping loudly.

Hungry growls erupted through the air before I realized what they were doing.

Using us as bait to escape the herd that filled the road up front! "Shit!" Fin exclaimed and we watched as smoke rose from under the van to musk their scent leaving us exposed.

He slammed the magazine into place and we made a run for it to the nearest building, he opened the door locking it behind him nudging me towards the stairs,I picked a long broken wooden broom stick running up as silently as I could Fin covering my back.

We were on the third floor when the growls from downstairs filled the space as they banged on the wall awakening the growls from the ones inside the place.

We didn't have time to to do it stealthy anymore, like wild animals we tredged up the stairs as fast as we could hoping not to run into any that escaped their rooms.