✓Chapter 7

The Police Station

"So why are we going on foot again?" I ask Panther as we approach a police station "and why are we going to the police station?"

The first place the crazies were brought we're police stations and hospitals to tell you the truth... Alot of people died in those places meaning they're overrun.

"That's where we stay,it's getting late and those things identify each other from afar" she answers "but isn't it overrun?" She shakes her head.

"Cleared it,y'all can clean up the showers still work here and..." She keeps quiet shaking her head as if she was talking to much... "Showers work?" Claudia whispers from behind us in glee and she nods again.

"How?" Claudia asks happily "we got a good guy who was a plumber,he was alot of things mostly a fixer" "I can't wait for a good clean up and some fresh clothes" Claudia adds looking like she was lost in her world.

Fin was just happy to be away from the god-damned school "so how did you manage to make everyone come to the other side back there?" I ask and she snickers.

"Simple,I just showed up" "huh?"

"Me showing up in their camp is like a dream,I just let a torch light hit me and everyone was outside to get a glimpse, they'll probably tell the Luusha's I was there just to make them feel bad then I'm on their hit list for taking out two of theirs" she shrugs.

"So they'll think you got Fin and Claudia out,not me and you didn't take the girl out?" She shakes her head.

"Nope,just gave her a pill to make her look brain dead when they find she's of no use they're gonna take her away from camp leaving her for dead inside a car as usual and she be able to escape them"

"So you've done it before?" She nods "I try to help them escape as much as I can,birth control pills and the brain dead pill,I never see the girls again though I guess they leave Cali or they're not so lucky" she says opening a door leading to a... basement?

Police stations have basements?! Fuck me! I never knew! We get in and she closes the door,a click sound and the lights flickered on, takes us towards some the locker room standing.

"The showers are over there and you can grab some clean pair of clothes and boots in the lockers. I'll wait for y'all outside to introduce you to everyone" she walks out.

I walk to the open lockers finding some camo pants... Lots of them,tank tops, pull necks,vests,leather jackets ,clean socks ,new sets of underwears and boxers and boots.

I quickly grab me a pair of socks,a tank top,a pull neck,new underwears and a camo folding them neatly putting them in my bag. I take some more with a stray comb and walk towards and open shower stall.

I strip cleaning up fast making sure to scrub my hair clean watching as dirt and some dry blood go down the drain,I grab the shower gel scrubbing myself again until I felt raw.

I turn the shower off, redressing my wound which is healing up nicely,it's got a full scab over it now but I cover it just incase,I comb my hair plaiting it into two parts,I get dressed again and walk out of the stall to the locker room to look for something to clean my boots with.

It's an apocalypse and running in stinky shoes won't be so much fun if I get athletes foot or whatever it's called.

I step in finding Panther on a seat,she looks kinda mad,the mask on her face is gone,her beautiful jaw clenched,she doesn't turn when I approach her but I can see her eye follow my movements from the corner of her eye.