✓Chapter 28

Forgotten memories.

Narrator's pov

The honey haired girl's eyes open all at once and she moans lowly at the pain wracking through her body,she looks around to find herself lying on the floor,her eyes scan around her and she can't help gasping as she quickly scrambles to move away from the counter dripping with blood.

Heaving and puffing she struggles to stand up on her feet staring at the tree of a man pinned there by her blade to the counter of the desk the blade running through his skull breaking the wood clean. She tries to remember what happened but all that comes to her head is when the door opened and she heard him laugh behind her and that was all. Her mind was blank.

Looking down at herself she can't help cringe at the blood covering her clothes and hands,filling her nose with the metallic scent. Taking a deep breath she grasps the hilt of her blade pulling it,after a few struggles she manages to get it from his head and the huge body slumps back falling with a heavy thud on the floor.

Walking to the bag she'd dropped on the floor she grabs it swinging it onto her back before stepping out she walks back inside the vet's office to the cages where she finds the officer slumped over.

"Hey" she whispers hitting the cage gently and the man sets his eyes on her letting out a tired smile "you're alive" he states and she nods "let me get you out of there" she says reaching for the latch but the man shakes his head "no,what would I do without my leg and hand out there,I wouldn't survive a day and I'll just slow you down" this stops the honey haired beauty.

"Just go, save yourself, besides I'm dying" the police officer smiles at her before stretching out a hand a paper crumpled up in his palm, taking the paper she straightens it up finding the man holding a pregnant woman in his hands both staring at the camera with big smiles "that's my wife she was only four months pregnant, she's probably due by now if she made it she never got taken,if you're lucky to find them please don't leave them" she nods before throwing the picture into her pocket turning around to leave.

Walking outside she sighs as the cool late noon air grazes her skin and fills her lungs, hearing big vehicles moving around getting near her she quickly moves running off back to her girls.

Billie's pov

Morgan moves slightly and a groan tears from her throat before her eyes open. She looks around finding me seated on the floor holding her hand a smile graces her lips as she sighs relieved as her eyes scan the place going wide in panic. "Sophie" she rasps trying to get up but my hand on her chest gently pushing her back down stops her.

"Where is she Billie?" Morgan asks eyes wide making me bite my lip "you need the medicine,she went to get it" I whisper feeling my heart beat frantically for a second.

"She went alone? Why didn't you tell me" her voice goes low and sluggish "I wanted to go but she said i needed me stay here, look after you incase we we're really followed" I take her hand entwining our fingers making Morgan sigh "go after her" she whispers eyes closing and I shake my head feeling torn.

Looking up to Morgan's face realising how uncomfortable she looks,I let her hand go walking into the bedroom undoing the sheets pulling the mattress off and into the living room with ease dropping it. The sun sets in the horizon dipping the sky into darkness slowly. The urge to actually go out there after Sophie fills me for a second but I shake my head off the thought.