✓Chapter 23

All Night Long

Billie's pov

"Aerith and I take the top, Billie and Sophie the bottom,Milan lock that door until we say otherwise,don't let anything get out of this side,keep your radios locked the channel is 12" Morgan says turning around going up the dark stairs as Sophie and I head the other way.

Scouting for a hotel for days we'd stumbled upon a pentagon shaped one eight storeys tall,the generators in the basement were still full of fuel which is weird,in the of the whole hotel is the reception and a big bonfire pit. above it the luxury amenities, the security department and stuff.

The sides of the Pentagon from the reception to the left was the tiny hospital, the inside mall and to the right was the big cafeteria each floor specializing with one type of food. pastries and bakeries together, sauces,vegan dishes and meat... All that on different floors.

We explored the whole hotel except for the executive suits finding it empty well 'cept for the zed security guard was doing his rounds looks like he'd been bitten before reporting in,it also looks like the place was deserted a little while before the apocalypse hit. Right now we are exploring the executive suits and I can say so far so good.

Opening the room doors finding them empty I am not that surprised to be honest but with this new world anything is possible, a bat could actually be Dracula in disguise, I've had enough zombies, a vampire would be too much.

"I'm loosing hope if I don't get some action in the next ten minutes I'm going out there to scream my lungs out" Sophie grumbles making me snicker.

"Can you both focus and Sophie stop jinxing this shit,I'm already on edge" Aerith's voice says over the radio making the honey haired girl huff in annoyance.

On the second floor we find half of it full of supply closets only a few rooms while on radio Morgan hushes Aerith asking if she could hear anything, silently we hear a squeak,another sounds as a door creaks open.

"Shit, back up! back up! back up!" Morgan yells making Sophie and I stop in our tracks.

"What the fuck is going on?!" I yell into the radio "find somewhere to hole up in,we just found out why this place was closed up" Morgan informs

There is a loud bang of a door being closed as Aerith screams to Morgan about stomping on something.

Sophie and I stare at each for a minute before looking at the stairs,a shadow covers the place followed by another,a cat like figure comes out but getting down the stairs I feel Sophie pull me into a run.

"Dude, was a that a rat?!" I exclaim making dozens of squeaks sound as the patter of probably a thousand feet echo.

"Shit we can't outrun them" I say looking back I watch the hungry menacing red glares the rats send,opening one of the doors I pull Sophie with me inside locking it.

Leaning against it I feel the rats scratch at the metal trying to come inside.

"Oh fuck me! You just had to open a supply closet,a very tiny closet,why couldn't you open a room,why?" Sophie asks frantically closing her eyes her breath getting heavy.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she shakes her head sliding down the wall "Soph?"

"Shhh,don't talk a'ight?" Her hands shake madly as she tries to get her breathing in control she opens an eye looking around before groaning. "You're claustrophobic" I mutter kneeling down next to her pulling her into my embrace.

"No shit" she mumbles holding onto me tighter pressing her face into my neck "God this is embarrassing" she mumbles making me chuckle "it's not,you should see me around heights,I scream like a lil bitch" this makes her laugh,her shaking hands slowly stop.