✓Chapter 36

I Feel Trapped

Sophie's pov

The floor is hard on my knees and i groan before sitting down staring defiantly at the tall figure pointing a gun in my face,if he wanted to shoot me he would have,they would have shot all of us already and I am not about to continue kneeling like a fucking dog waiting for commands.

"You're the civilians we asked to stop the RV and you refused" a man says walking into the room and no one replies. "Please sit down" he says standing tall as everyone else takes a couch and I don't bother standing,I think kneeling for so long killed the nerves of my feet,fuck all I can feel is pins and needles!

"We didn't find the RV, where is it?" He asks curiously only to receive no answer "it went boom" I grumble and he turns to face me "boom? You blew it up?" He asks and I shake my head no "the fucking chopper did,took down a whole building a few blocks from here with it" I say looking into his eyes and he keeps quiet staring at me for a minute before deciding that I'm telling the truth and he nods.

I don't even know where the RV is,I didn't even know it was moved,but to be honest I had been ignoring Morgan for a minute and Billie had been making sure not to encounter us both at the same time until yesterday.

Oh,to think after a fucking good evening spent making love was going to lead to this evening of getting caught by patrol soldiers I would have opted to be left with the elites back at Millie's.

"We only want to help we run a government community further inland,there's food,water and your safety is guaranteed" he says with a smile and we all turn to look at each other before mocking laughter leaves our lips and he straitens his back perplexed.

"We've had enough of government communities, safety is guaranteed while the fucking zombies are mutating,nice move colonel" Aerith is the one to speak as she lays back on the couch.

"What do you mean?" He asks and I snort "we we're in Quantum and the whole place went up in flames in less than thirty minutes" Morgan begins "about the zombies mutating,trust me I've seen it all first hand,one trailed me for almost an hour as I was trying to get away from the men who caught my brother,they dodge bullets,eat other freshly turned zombies, open doors, remember roads and for those who got turned while disabled... they're fixed" Billie adds making the man shake his head.

"We thought it was all theories,one of my men escaped from a pack after being bitten but he died before he could tell us more and we put him down before he awoke" he says with wide eyes.

"Not theories... sir,there are a few in the city,just go down there and yell give them a few minutes they'll be pounding down that door below in seconds" I say with a smirk and the man's jaw clench.

"Whatever safety you think you have in that community of yours... Forget it" Magness says as she crossed her hands before leaning into Aerith.

"The community was the first,it is safe!" The soldier says with a practiced voice that it sounds like a broken record about to go on replay.

"First... You mean the community where the fucking government only allowed the old and pregnant on leaving toddlers and teenagers and the rest to fight for their survival?!" Finneas growls as slips off his seat glaring at the man before relaxing as a young looking soldier presses his gun at him.

"Yes,we know it sounds bad-" "like hell it does!" Claudia hisses through clenched teeth "my fucking sister was raped and killed simply because of your stupid government!" She throws before relaxing slightly as she let out a chuckle "let me guess now you need people who can repopulate simply because the old don't got enough juice huh?" She spits with a smirk and a few men turn away.