✓Chapter 8

Overrun

"Making arrows is easy and fast and they're renewable" Greg says as he takes a piece of wood from the office desk we chopped up,he showing me how to make an arrows,I drag my knife over the wood fast,I feel my tongue darted out as I concentrate on the arrow until I finish.

"You got it!" He exclaims as we sit down on the edge looking into the city, the zombies are moving on,zeds like everyone calls them here,gotta admit it's much shorter more better than a mouthful ZOMBIE.

"You know, your getting better" "better? I kicked Fin's know it all ass and I've only been here for a month!" I exclaim making the old man chuckle,this has been the best month of all,I love this people, except for Jinx.

Everyone else is nice and they treat us well,I've grown fond of all of them.

"Greg?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"No, Morgan doesn't want any one down there"
"what are you talking about? I wanted to ask why you weren't evacuated?"
"Well I'm not gonna lie to you,I was thinking they were taking to murder us,I just couldn't let myself so I hid until they took everyone else out of the place,turns out I wasn't the only one who thought so too,we were all neighbors" he says meaning the other old guys in the station.

"Turns out I was wrong too,may be if I'd gone right now if be busy flirting with some ol'e lady where ever they are" he says pursing his lips chuckling to himself "I'm glad I found the others cause if we didn't,some of this kids might have not lived,I'm tired of life now,I think I've done my part and I wouldn't mind about tomorrow cause they're better people who can fend for themselves,in groups or alone... 'cept for good ole Jinx,that woman will die out there I tell yee"

"Why?"

"She pretends to know alot but truth is... Hoe's dumb dumb" he whispers and I shake my head smilling "how'd you find her?"

"She was hidden in a school closet bawling her eyes out surviving on few snacks.. creep" he grumbles the last part to himself and I nod.

I get up aiming another arrow at the target shooting,I hit the bulls eye of the swinging target couple times only missing a few... Honestly I'm proud of me.

"Billie, Morgan asked if you could wash Ronin up for her" I turn around to find Magness by the door,I've never washed the kid I only find her after she's clean, "sure" I see Greg sound asleep and I tell him to be careful and leave.

I go to the room finding the little girl running around naked "whose being a bad girl?" I ask grabbing her towel and shower gel. I take her into my arms unbraiding her hair.

I wrap her up going to walk down to the showers. I open the door to the spiral staircase going down two steps only to be met by Sheik.

"Ronin doesn't shower down here there's a huge basin in your room, boil some water over the coil in a kettle then cool it down with some cold water and carry it to your room when your done just pour it the toilet bowl and yeah Stella is down there and she does not like being interrupted"

"Oh! Thanks" I chuckle lightly going to do as he says,I quickly carry the water to the room,I clean the little girl up,when I'm done I put on her fresh clothes thats when I notice how silent it is.

I open the door peeking out only to see Sheik at the end of the hall I was going to call out to him when he turned sideways and I noticed the chunk missing from his neck,his grey pull neck turning red,he's a zed!

My heart pounds loudly and i lock the door quiety, quickly walk to the radio,i press the transmit button "anyone there?" I whisper lowly and Greg's voice come in "yeah,why are you whispering?"