✓Chapter 40

(important note at the end of the chap,don't skip it)

Not A Democracy!

Morgan's pov

"So you thought shooting me was alright?" I ask my old man raising an eyebrow at him as I hefted the huge buck from my shoulder and he shrugs "I didn't shoot you" he says flicking the mint smelling bark he'd been chewing away and my other eyebrow rises to meet the other shocked.

"I grazed you,you were in the way and he was going to pull the trigger" he repeats the same thing he has been saying and I sigh before turning around to walk away knowing arguing with him never gets anyone nowhere.

"We have a problem" Aerith comes rushing out of the cabin huffing and my brows crease as I upped my pace following her back into the cabin.

Snow had covered the ground again and I could swear it was inches thicker than usual,I mean knee deep into the fluffy white material wasn't usually seen around here.

"What's wrong?" I ask and she licks her lips. "They're all sick" she says handing me a mask and I shake my head pushing past her "sick?" I ask and she breaths as we open the door and I throw the buck on the counter walking into the livingroom immediately feeling the heat and I remove my jacket hanging it on the hooks lining the wall.

"It's pneumonia,I'm running out of medicine" Aerith says moving around with a cloth wiping Ronin's forehead and the child whimpers as she shakes in the makeshift bed. Closest to the heat.

Billie is also shaking in her own makeshift bed as Sophie tends to her wiping her sweat even tho she doesn't look good herself with a band holding a cloth to her forehead as she sips on some hot liquid.

Milan is also looking out of it as he breaths lowly with a slight whistle coming from him and Magness trembles as she tends to her brother her eyes are red lips chapped even tho she's drinking water next to her in gulps.

Aerith herself looks as if she's been through the grinder as she struggles to keep her eyes open but I can hear the way she clears her throat,she might be coming down as well.

"How long has this been going on? And what do you need me to do?" I ask and she points at a table "two days ago,it might have been cooking up before it blew up with the cold. I've labelled the tablets in the bowls and how to give it to them,leave the syringes to me." She mumbles producing one from her pocket injecting it into Ronin,who goes quiet before producing another injecting it into the child again.

"That should keep her fever down and fight the infection in her lungs if she's going to cough remind her to spit the sputum don't let her swallow it." She says moving to the table undoing another syringe. "Billie and Ronin have been hit worse than everyone else and I only have three syringes left I'll have to sterilize them" she mumbles to herself before turning to me as she pushes the syringe into a medicine bottle.

"After they've had their medicine I need all the soup you can make they need fluids" she says moving with the syringe towards my girlfriend and I nod before cleaning my hands in the warm water in the bowl set down taking the tablets before walking to Milan who swallows them with a pained expression "lord knows how much I despise snow" he grumbles as he curls into himself trying to sleep and I turn to Magness who takes the medicine with a smile.

Before curling up next to her brother to sleep too.

I get up walking to the table taking more tablets walking to Sophie who grumbles as she takes them "I keep saying that I'll be fine but Aerith doesn't want to listen someone else could use the medicine" she says with a sigh as she takes them and I turn to Billie who gives me a weak smile "you're back" she whispers with a wince as Aerith digs the needle into the syringe already fixed in her arm.