✓Chapter 44

Now We Wait.

Sophie's pov

"Fix it on the bottom." Morgan whispers as she passes the screw driver to me and silently I do as she says. "Done." I whisper pushing from beneath the raised Tesla.

"You look bad." I mumble staring at her and she turns to me with a chuckle. "Damn. Is my hair really that off-putting?" She asks raising a brow as she slowly let the car down from the jack and I snort. "I meant the dark circles under your eyes." I say softly. "They're shouting." She says putting the jack down as she rubbed her face looking up.

"You couldn't sleep." I say and she nods. "Nightmare. Each single time." She whispers licking her lips. "About?"

"First it was that kid from the cave. I just couldn't get him out of my head. Then I woke up decided to go spying on the Luusha's and I found the elites exchanging the ones they'd captured. At first I thought they we're other humans but then they we're given the lactating women and my mind was blown." She says with a yawn.

"Followed them. Saw their hideout, watched them from one of those manholes as they sat around fires at night. They realized I was around and I had to run. Decided to go back to the Luusha's but passing a broken window. I saw my hair was really calling attention. So I went to a salon grabbed the darkest colour I could find. Dumped in it on my hair. At 4 am I was back in there. Saw Greg, talked to Terra before they started doing rounds and I escaped. Bumped into the elites hunting for group. Let them escape. Yesterday morning they were hunting again. I'm surprised how they missed the men that caught you in that building." She says and I shake my head.

"I believe they were there today for those men." I say and she turns to me. "I mean think about it. They had flanked the building so well! Then Billie became the topping." I say biting my lip. "I really hope you're right Morgan." I whisper staring at the dark ceiling.

"I don't want to loose someone else." I whisper and Morgan sighs pulling me into her. "I can't promise you anything right now baby. I'm sorry." She whispers and I breath in deeply getting myself together.

"Come." I whisper pulling away as I open the backdoor to the car. "You need to sleep. I'll stand watch." Morgan sighs as she gets up walking into the vehicle, laying on the backseat. "Sing for me." She says with a cheeky smile and roll my eyes. "You don't want that trust me." I say and she chuckles.

"Ronin can give you some lessons. She used to sing for me each time we slept together back at the station." She says with a smile. "The song from Zootopia is her favorite." She adds with a yawn and I smile. "It is?" I ask and she nods. "Sing for me." I counter and she chuckles.

"I don't think I can." She mumbles. "Why not?" I ask softly before light snores reach me and I smile closing the door. I turn to the quiet hanger feeling my heart beat gently pick up pace. "Sophie." I whisper to myself pulling my palm into a fist.

"You've been running around the dark alone for long. You cannot start fearing the darkness now." I whisper looking around. "You cannot fear the dark." I mumble blowing out a breath.

★z★

"Sophie." My eyes snap open as I rise, my gun aimed at the voice. "It's just me." Morgan says pushing the barrel at the roof and I sigh pushing the gun down. "I never really thought I'd hate being woken up." I mumble stepping from the Tesla. Sometime in the A.M Morgan woke up and let me catch some sleep.

"You'll sleep all you want after we get Billie." She says with a smile and I nod before stopping as I eye her.

"You're sound sure." I say and she nods. "I am, I saw her."