✓Chapter 6

Save A Brother

I've been alone for two days now, at least I haven't run into those smart zombies again,one of them was enough.

I've been sleeping in the car Panther gave me the keys to,it was the only car in the whole neighborhood apparently the rest we're scrap,it's a black pro box with tinted windows,a very small pro box may be could fit four or three people... I wonder what she used?

There was little food,a little bit of more ammo,enough water,a small cannister of fuel,a machete, painkillers and cream for my wound with a new bandage and cottons and one bag of Takis... Maybe she does care... I'm not sure.

Right now I'm following a car I think it goes to the Vincentians hideout... I keep out of sight hiding between broken down cars or stopping making sure I'm very far.

I did this for about three hours as they scavenged for food until they started driving without stopping,I followed them up to a very big... school?

The perimeter walls were on one side only the other had a chain link fence and the gate held up well honestly,there were no zombies in sight too, that's good.

I noticed there was a loose spot on the link that danced slightly in the wind,if i move it enough a little it would be wide enough for Fin and I to escape once I get in.

I sit in the car watching them,I notice they avoid a small part of the school,even the kids there, may be they keep the prisoners in that hall.

I hear a motorcycle rumble and I quickly move my car to the abandoned ones on the side while I lay low,I stay like that for a while and notice nothing is happening.

I raise my head to find the road clean of any moving vehicle,weird,if I wait until dark maybe I can go in and check the hall out,I hope I won't run into trouble.

I watch as they move around working,some girls are carrying babies,others under trees teaching kids,others cleaning,some of the girls get slapped when they bring the guys on watch some food,others get groped and tears trail down their cheeks... They can't do anything besides endure.

So this is where I was to be brought? To be like.. them?! Fucking shit! No way is that happening. A bell rings and they all assemble near a raised stage.

"Vincentians! Tommorow we execute the traitor who tried to escape and sell us out to the Luusha's,our rivals! The ones who are responsible for all of this" A man says and the mass of people roar in return.

"We will rid California of those sinners,the world cannot be ruled by the weak,we will take them out and control the earth again..." I tune him out watching as a woman tries to escape only to be caught and slapped.

She falls down and is kicked several times before being dragged to the abandoned hall. Everyone remains oblivious as to what is being done to her.. her cries move no one at all!

I feel a shiver run down my spine at the sight,if they're the merciful ones,I wonder what their rival's are like. Soon they disassemble and move to different areas as a guy drags one girl to the abandoned hall going in as another guy stands outside on watch.

More move to their post's as only one guy patrols the chain link,it gets darker fast since the sun has been hidden, the lights are dim and I watch as smoke rises from different areas of their post's as the occasional red light from their cigarettes light.