✓Chapter 43

Plans Of The Future.

Sophie's pov

"Billie!" My scream echoes through the empty streets again. My throat burns, my energy is low and I literally have no idea what else to do.

"Sophie..."

"Don't fucking touch me!" I growl with a knife pointed at Aerith. A tear escapes my eye as I turn away from the woman walking down the street the elites went with Billie.

The sleeve of my hoodie rubs harshly at my skin as I wipe my tear in anger. "Where are you going?" Aerith asks.

"To get her." I whisper. I'm not sure if she's heard me and I don't care. "Sophie wait! She's gone!" Aerith finally says it and my strength leaves me.

"She can't." I whisper falling to the cold tarmac. My knee meets the road hard but I can barely feel it. I'm numb. "She can't be gone." I gasp as tears roll down my cheeks. Aerith's hand finally reaches into mine as she takes the knife away and she kneels on the ground pulling me into her embrace. "It's okay." She whispers holding me tightly. My tears soak her hoodie but she doesn't let me go. "it's going to be okay."

I want to push her away, yell it won't but i barely have the energy. Sobs leave my body and I slump harder into the woman. "I can't go on without them." I whisper and she nods. "I know and that's okay." She whispers kissing my forehead. "It's normal, alright?" She whispers holding me tighter into her arms.

The ground rumbles gently beneath our feet but Aerith doesn't make a move to tell to me run. She stays still letting me grieve in her arms even though danger was probably knocking again.

"It's the RV!" Milan yells and that has me pushing away from Aerith slightly. I look over her shoulder and I see the big vehicle roll into the space. It stops with a hiss of the hydraulics and slowly the door opens.

Morgan steps out from the drivers side as she closes the door behind her. She stays still. Emerald irises scrutinizing the condition of the T-98 before her eyes move to me and Aerith on the sidewalk. She slowly comes forward counting the number of heads emerging from the car and her eyes go wide.

I turn away hiding my face into Aerith's neck. I hear everyone move towards her and the RV door opens again. "I have her." She whispers to Aerith who slowly pulls away and the familiar scent of Morgan encircles me. Her arms wrap around me gently letting my head settle into her.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and she hums. "I couldn't save her. They we're everywhere." I mumble and she sighs. "It's okay baby." She whispers pulling me onto her lap. I don't make a peep as I settle into her. "What happened?" She asks and I sniffle.

"Mari and I took Briggs. Left the car to scout for you. We were like two blocks away when three slow elites showed up. They weren't a problem and we took them out. Suddenly they started flocking us from all over. We had to turn back but getting here. They had surrounded the car. Mari and I decided to go up atleast seek shelter and advantage for shoot out. Briggs charged at them and we lost sight of him." She hums.

"The apartments we're all locked until the last opened and we just went in without thinking. Only to find some armed men, they took the guns and we're about to tie us up before the guys started shooting and alerted them. The door to the apartment rattled as the elites we'd escaped banged on it. They panicked and left to fight them. We took that opening, grabbed our scattered weapons. Rushed to the bathroom and used the fire escape. We climbed higher just as the apartment went up in flames they must have blown themselves up. That's when I saw those things take her as we got to the roof. They took her Morgan." I whisper as fresh tears rolled down my cheeks.