✓Chapter 21

(before you read! I really wanna know... From that meme in the media please comment your answer, apparently my weapon is a pillow... I'mma smother them zombies to nu'n, LMFAO💀,I'm fucking screwed)

Dangerous But Comical

Billie's pov

I glare at Morgan as she explained the final step to the plan for the third time. I don't like the way she literally throws herself into trouble and by the looks of it Sophie doesn't either.

Taking her bag off she gives it to me before tucking the gun inside the back of her camo pants,she didn't even spare us a second glance as she raised her hand waving the white shirt she grabbed from a rack.

"I'm coming out" she says taking a long stride out hands up.

"Mawmaw?" One of the guys in a thick southern accent drawled and the red haired nodded happily making everyone come of out of their hiding places and as Morgan had predicted their eyes we're solely focused on her and we made a run for it using the cars as hiding spots making it to the van,we dropped our stuff inside locking it just as the first gunshot rung through the air.

I peep out watching as Morgan grabs the red haired woman by surprise, training the gun to her temple hand tightly restricting her air flow pulling back into a wall.

The others shook as they watched their leader in distress,a loud zed screech tore through the air and I turn to Sophie eye wide. Elite!

"The bar and rest, Morgan can take care of herself" I nodded following her and we walked inside taking a quick look around we found it empty except for the rottened dry food,tilted and broken chairs, clothes left behind,overturned tables it was clean,no blood like everyone simply left in a hurry.

I run into the kitchen checking around to find it empty,I ignore checking the freezer knowing well enough the stench that'll come out will haunt me for life.

I turn around only to hear an painfilled gruff growl from the washrooms and I darted fast there finding Sophie with a knife to the hilt through her side trying to talk a skinny little boy from attacking her again.

"Good doggy... Stay... Stayyy" she mumbles backing up into a wall hand stretched out as if telling him to relax the other holding her side,face contorted into a pain filled one.

The little boy in tattered clothes, licked his lips messily and I watched his hand twitch,bony fleshless fingers shook as he stared at Sophie like a full meal.

Taking the cricket bat I rap the wall gently against it attracting his attention,I throw it at the child's head knocking him down, running to Sophie who stared at me eye wide. "We can't help him Soph" I mutter helping her back to the booths just as Morgan burst through the door locking it behind her.

"We can't leave,there's a big horde coming down this way- what happened?" She asked coming closer to Sophie helping her sit.

"Well we found it clear and I thought I could use a toilet break checking the stalls and this little malnourished dog-- I mean boy-- came brandishing a knife he stabbed it into me as I opened the last stall"

"He's... Been chewing on himself" I whisper helping Sophie lay down. I couldn't help but imagine if that had been Ronin. Probably left in there by the parents for his safety only for him to start eating himself because of hunger and going delirious