✓Chapter 2

Unfriendly folk

My knife lodges itself into the head of the rottening corpse i watch as it falls to the ground dark blood pouring pooling around it.

I turn around trying to control the bile rising taking my lunch with it but it isn't working,the rotten stench of the corpses burns my nostrils causing my eyes to water not even the piece of clothing tied around my face is working.

Fin is having fun killing this things, he always goes on a spree each time we step outside to kill this fuckers,we can't let them know we're here,it would mean that we would be over run and I am not ready to face a horde of zombies.

I watch as he stomps on the last one's head shutting up its hungry growls most of the time I let him kill them,it makes me sick honestly I only help when he needs me,these used to be people,some innocent some not.

We start walking back to the cabin only to hear more growls,we slowly but carefully walk towards the sounds and find a woman almost looks like she's twenty two or something.

She busy killing some of the zombies two sorround her but she's fast kicking one back while stabbing the other in the head with the kitchen knife then jumped at the last one stabbing it's head too.

She breaths heavily as she backs up into a tree assessing her work confident that she was safe she slowly started swaying as she fell to the ground far from the dead,knife clattering away from her.

"Let's help her" Fin says going to move and I stop him "sure,help the strange woman but don't help the child" I spit out lowly making his jaw clench.

"There's nothing we could have done for the kid it was fate" he says "fate? That was a fucking child who knows where she is right now,mom and dad would have been disappointed in you" I hit his chest making his nose flare.

"Mom and dad aren't around anymore" he says through clenched teeth "it doesn't matter where they are but let me warn you,if that bitch as much as tries shit with me,I will fucking bruise your face" I warn him walking away not caring how he was gonna carry her back.

★♪★

We have enough supplies to last us a year we normally keep them hidden away from the house inside a hatch somewhere in the yard, incase someone comes we hide let them take the little we keep in the kitchen then let them leave.

I know what your thinking? Cowards! We've learnt a lot during this three months... The best way to survive is to take something by force,let it be or die trying.

We choose the easier road,let it be... It was like that until we helped this bitch passed out in the woods and Fin brought her to our cabin!

I've been trying to get him to see that she's setting us up but you know what? He's too dumb to see or should I say charmed.

She has him wrapped around her finger I'm sure he's already showed her our stock, whatever.

I moved at three quarters of our supplies to another small hatch I found... Dad never said anything about it in the cabin plans and Fin doesn't know about it either.

I walk back into the house finding the girl twirling her filthy fingers around his hair as he lay there hypnotized.

I roll my eyes going to take all the ammo we've been collecting for our guns leaving a few and took them secretly to the hatch.