✓Chapter 10

(that meme↑, lmao)

Run Into Trouble

How the fuck is it snowing in LA?! This is fucking history! I wonder if the sea is frozen...

We spent a few more hours waiting for it to stop but nothing and we decided to start slowly looking for this safe haven, we couldn't stay at the gas station since people might go looking for supplies and Morgan didn't want to bump into unwanted company but before that we made sure to grab some warm clothes for us.

Morgan drove through the snow slowly and I decided to stick at the back at the galley with Aerith,Jinx,Claudia, Fin and Ronin as Magness and Milan helped Morgan kept a eye out,the air was warm and calm,I could live like this.

I was reading a novel as Ronin continued watching cartoons on the MacBook in a low volume,I know,what the fuck Billie? A book? I'm sorry but what I'm I supposed to do pull up Netflix? Nice joke.

Jinx Excused herself and went to bed as Fin and Claudia moved to the seats in the living room.

"What happened to Morgan's cheek?" I ask lowly,she puts the doctor book away "it's a long story but it's good we got time" she sighed getting up making some hot chocolate with mashmellows for everyone.

She cooled Ronin's, putting it in front of the child together with mine and passed the rest even took one to Jinx then came back.

"So you know how this virus spreads a scratch,being bitten infection of a regular wound and such... Good thing those who die naturally don't wake up. We had just met Greg and the others and we we're looking for a place to stay,we got into the empty school and found Jinx,Dan fell running from one of the zeds and hurt himself so Morgan volunteered to go to the look for some drugs, I joined her cause we didn't only need some we needed a whole lot of them" she took a deep breath taking a sip of her hot chocolate and I copied giving Ronin hers too,we need to get a bottle for her.

"We actually got more than enough and we were ready to leave, I hadn't seen this zed heading straight for me, Morgan intercepted it throwing it down but the thing latched its clawlike nails to her cheek ripping it open before she could escape, Morgan killed it but she was already infected,we had another member Becky,she was scratched but we didn't think anything off it until she turned,I had to take her out"

"Morgan refused to come back with me because she knew she was gonna be one of them, I tried to clean her wound but she didn't let me,we needed the meds more,she had a few hours before her expected turn so we went back helped clear the station and got settled"

"Greg said that there was no need to shoot Morgan when she was alive so we knocked her out and locked her up in clean cell,she wasn't happy when she woke up" she said chuckling slightly.

"The next morning we went to take care of her and she was awake grumbling about whoever knocked her out was getting an arrow in the ass. I think she's immune or she was lucky but mostly immune because we've seen this virus in work,it does damages Billie but Morgan made it out somehow"

Wait Morgan is immune to this thing,wtf?! "She's immune?" "Like I said I'm not sure cause she's the only one I've ever seen scratched and not turn,maybe her brain was fighting the virus instead of being an elite she got something more,agility and whatever other ability she has,I assure you she was fast before but I think the virus bonded with her blood increasing her abilities or something but to be honest with you Morgan's brain works so fast now" this is some Vanhelsing kinda vibe,bro!

"So she's like Sheik but human" she nodded and I took a deep breath sipping more of the hot chocolate,this is... Astounding.

"Has she ever shown anymore side effects or something?" I'm truly fascinated, Aerith chuckled "you find it astonishing too?" I nodded rapidly "to be honest yes I've seen something more but it would disgust you somehow,she needs more meat,rare done precisely,like the virus asks for it"