In the Name of Love

Trigger Warnings: fluff, kisses

It was a Thursday, just passed the end of the second week now onto the third. Virgil was now allowed to walk around the hospital and get some exercise so he wasn't stuck in the bed or room all day. Sometimes he'd go on walks himself, several times a nurse would accompany him, and a few times Remy or Logan actually got to go with him, when they visited, that is.

According to the doctors he's doing great, his surgery wound was starting to scar and he'd be getting the stitches removed in only a few days then he'd get to go home. To say he was excited was an understatement. Though his arm would still have to remain in the cast for three more weeks once he's released, and he'd be on bed rest for a week, but he'd finally be able to leave the hospital.

That day Virgil was in his room doodling since he'd made over twenty new OCs and characters in his sketch book. Almost all of his characters had detailed personalities, backstories, and characters arcs that he's most certainly never going to write. He had just created them so he would be less lonely while in the hospital, and because he had lots of inspiration while alone with his mind. Thankfully he already finished his schoolwork for the next two weeks, already being nearly two months ahead of all his classes because he needed to know that he'd understand everything and would have enough time to study.

At around three in the afternoon a nurse told him he had two visitors, Virgil assuming they meant Remy and Emile since the two had visited quite often while he was recovering. A few minutes later and Virgil heard the frantic scratching and skittering he'd nearly forgotten during his stay.

"Rebel!" Virgil grinned as the golden retriever puppy came bounding into the room, leash trailing behind him. Virgil carefully got himself out of bed then knelt next to the puppy who was just wiggling around, his tail shaking his whole body as he licked Virgil all over the face.

"I think he missed you," Virgil looked up to see Logan leaning in the doorway, watching them with an amused -yet loving- expression.

"I missed him, too!" said Virgil, giving his puppy a big hug while Rebel made small barks and yaps while licking his owners' chin.

"So how have you been doing since the last time we visited?" Logan asked, walking over and kneeling next to the two.

"I've been doing fine. I've finished all my schoolwork they've given me for when I'll be gone," stated Virgil as Rebel escaped his grasp and started tumbling around on the floor, his leash tangling around his legs.

"Virgil that's more than three weeks of works. How long did it take you to do all of it?" Logan asked, seeming impressed.

"About two or three days. I got bored of doodling and drawing so I decided to do my schoolwork and didn't stop until it was done. I already knew what the assessments were anyway," smiled Virgil.

Logan smiled too, leaning forward and giving Virgil a quick peck on the forehead. Virgil giggled and watched Rebel bounce around the room, glad that there were no wires or cords for him to chew on.

"The doctors told me that you'll be getting out early because of how well you've been doing," Logan said.

"Really?!" Virgil looked at Logan with hope in his light purple-grey eyes.

"Yes. They said you'll get your stitches out on Saturday, stay here for a few days, then you'll leave on Tuesday or Wednesday," stated Logan.

"Yes! Now I can go home sooner!" cheered Virgil.

"And you'll be able to attend prom and see the play," added Logan. "Prom is pretty late this year, on March 27th. You'll be out of the hospital and off of bed rest by then and will be able to make it. And you already know when the play is"

"Great! I didn't go to prom last year, cause well, I think you can guess why," Virgil said sheepishly, Logan nodding in understanding.

"I'm just glad you're going to be okay," Logan sighed, pulling Virgil to his side.

"I already am," smiled Virgil, leading on Logan's shoulder as they watched Rebel play.

I offer analogical fluff as sacrifice for my absence

Also cute fox gif