High Hopes

Trigger Warnings: nose bleed, blood, Logan's kinda a simp

Logan led Virgil out of the house to the side walk. He made sure they walked a good distance away before stopping and sitting them both down on a bench underneath a streetlight. Virgil was hugging his arms and had his eyes squeezed shut, as if he was trying to calm himself down or block out light.

"Virgil, are you alright?" Logan asked as gently as he could.

"I-I think so? N-nothing b-bad happened. I-i just got s-scared," Virgil said, blinking his eyes open and looking up at Logan with those big, round greyish purple eyes.

"Would you be alright telling me what happened?" continued Logan, wanting to know how he could help the literal angel.

"Y-yeah. T-there was a man. I didn't know him, I still don't, though he was dressed in a Batman costume, just without the mark and cape. He said things that made me uncomfortable, and he said he wanted to take me to a bedroom and have fun? I dunno what he meant, but I didn't like his tone of voice. I refused, a lot, but he didn't listen, he just got angry and that scared me, so I ran and found you," explained Virgil, messing with his skirt while his eyes darted around anxiously.

"I see. You're safe now Virgil. I'll take you home and you can relax," they both stood up after a few minutes, Virgil saying he needed to text Remy that he was heading home and Logan texting Remus and Janus that they needed to find someone and have a chat with them.

The two made it to Virgil's house within ten minutes, shorter this time since they didn't have a Remus to look out for. Virgil let them in with his key and they entered the living room, Logan flicking on the lights that were off.

"Is your brother here?" Logan asked.

"I don't think so. He mentioned spending the night at Emile's house since their parents were gone for the weekend," answered Virgil, taking his headband off and setting in on the coffee table across from the longer couch. "You can stay here if you want. I don't usually have people other than Remus and Janus over."

"That sounds nice, though I don't have any other clothes," said Logan with a slight smirk.

"Oh yeah. I'd offer to let you borrow some of mine, but I don't think you'd fit in any," Virgil giggled, a heavenly sound to Logan that he wished would never stop so he could hear forever.

"Yes, I don't think I'll fit in any of your clothes," agreed Logan, feeling the warmth in his chest and cheeks along with the butterflies in his stomach.

"I guess we can watch a movie. I'm just going to change into comfier clothes," Virgil left Logan in the living room as he went upstairs to change, Logan sitting down on the couch. He took the time to look over the pictures on the walls once again. He found it rather peculiar that there were pictures of Remy and Virgil together, Remy with their parents, well past the age of five when Virgil would've been born, but Virgil remained out of any pictures with his parents. It was strange, to say the least, even with Virgil's explanation.

"I'm back. Do you have a movie in mind?" Logan looked over at Virgil and he nearly had a heart attack because of how adorable he looked.

Virgil was in a navy blue night dress with silver stars of different sizes on it. The dress went below his knees, probably longer on him since Virgil was a short person.

"Logan what happened?!" Virgil asked, speeding towards him.

"W-what?" Logan was very confused. He didn't do anything, so why did Virgil look so worried, and adorable.

"Your nose is bleeding! Did you hit something? Is it allergies? Are you okay?" the bean cupped his pale, dainty hands around Logan's cheeks, the punk almost melting at the delicate touch.
Then he realized his nose was bleeding because of Virgil.
Great.

"I do believe I'm satisfactory. I'll just need a tissues," Logan said and immediately after there was one on his face, Virgil cleaning up the blood after magically creating a tissue out of the ether.

"How the-" Logan started.

"I always carry tissues around to clean up blood. I- uhm- I'm pretty clumsy, so I get a few scrapes and scabs from time to time," Virgil said, though paused which caused Logan to grow suspicious. He knew for a fact that Virgil wasn't clumsy, since he learned Virgil used to take gymnastics when he was younger (ages 6-16) and he'd seen Virgil have the grace and balance of a gazelle.

"Any who, do you have any plans for this weekend?" Virgil asked, retracting his hands from Logan's face which caused Logan to internally pout.

"Well tomorrow I'm visiting my parents since Tuesday is my birthday," said Logan.

"Really?! Your birthday's almost here?" Virgil smiled brightly, so brightly it could light up the world. At least, Logan's world.

"Yes it is. I take it you like birthdays," chuckled Logan.

"Yup! I love celebrating the day my friends and family came to exist!" Virgil giggled.

"That's good to know. Now, about that movie," Logan said.

How. The hell. Do you. Write. Freaking. ROMANCE?!

I was tired yesterday so I didn't update, but here's one. It's kinda fluffy.

Also I've realized why this story has as many readers and viewers as it does (in comparison to my other stories with number of people reading each chapter). No one else has written a story like it. If you search through Wattpad you probably will not find any pastel!Virgil or punk!Logan stories, as far as I know. This is like the oasis in the desert for those while like pastel!Virgil and punk!Logan.

Virgil's Nightdress: