Happy Pills

Trigger Warnings: swearing, blood, kicking, foreshadowing, Virgil bby accidentally gets hurt

Wednesday afternoon, after school, Virgil invited his five friends over to his house to do homework together, Remy out at work and doing online classes at Starbucks so the house was theirs. For the first two hours it was just school work and studying, several of them having classes together so they could help each other out. Virgil was the first to finish his work and just sat with everyone while drawing. Logan finished second, Virgil and him deciding to go downstairs to get the others and themselves snacks while they worked.

While gone things moved from class work to goofing around, thanks to the Laurent brothers. Remus, for some reason, had a wax patch on him and, while Roman was distracted, stuck it to the back of his left leg.

"Oh my fucking God, Remus why the fuck did you do this?!" Roman screeched while Remus cackled on the ground.

"Because it's hilarious!" retorted Remus who was on his back with laughter, holding his stomach as he rolled around.

"Well I guess we'll have to get it off at some point," said Patton, Roman shooting up and stumbling out of the room. Janus, Patton, and Remus following him out, Remus skittering around to try and sneakily rip the patch off.

"There is no way in all hell I'm letting that crackhead take this off!" Roman shouted, not seeing Virgil and Logan coming up the stairs with confused faces and some chip bags in their hands.

"I got it Roman!" someone said, Roman assuming it being Remus.

"No!" Roman shouted, Logan giving him a glare after setting the chips down while Janus rolling his eyes and sighing in exasperation.

"Roman it'll only get worst if you struggle, just let him do it," said Patton, looking over Janus's shoulder.

"No way!" decreeded the ginger, Logan and Janus groaning at his arrogance.

"I promise I'll be careful," the person behind him said.

"Yeah right," mumbled Roman before a brilliant plan formed in his head. If his brother was going to make him hurt it only seemed fair that they'd share the pain.

"Roman just let him do it! I'm tired of you shouting," said Logan, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Oh FINE!" Roman groaned loudly, his acting skills coming in handy.

"Alright,"

Roman suddenly felt stinging pain in his left leg and kicked his foot up, hitting who he thought to be Remus in the nose.

He hurt a short yelp before laughing, sure he got Remus before freezing, his eyes growing wide as he saw Remus standing a few feet next to him. His blood ran cold and he could feel the color drain from his face. Logan ran to the person behind him, Roman whirling around to find, not Remus, but Virgil sitting on the ground, his hands cupped over his nose as he fought back tears. There was no mistaking the small drips of blood oozing between his pale fingers as he held his nose, Logan on his knees next to him, but not exactly having anything to stop the bleeding.

"Roman what the hell!" Janus shouted, Patton too shocked to speak, only opening and closing his mouth as he tried to form words.

"I-I thought you were Remus! I'm so so so sorry Virgil! I didn't know it was you! I wouldn't have done it I knew it were you!" Roman apologized, Virgil whimpering then squeezing his eyes closed, curling in on himself as if trying to become as small as possible.

"Got get towels dipshit!" Logan shouted, covering Virgil's ears while he shouted. "You hurt my boifriend you have to fix it!"

Roman all but ran downstairs, grabbing several paper towels from the kitchen then running back upstairs where Logan had Virgil sitting in his lap, Janus, Patton, and Remus sitting in a sort of semicircle around them. He handed to towels to Logan who took them harshly, glaring daggers at him behind his glasses. Roman sheepishly sat down next to Remus, his brother casting him a look that said a thousand words to him.

"M find Lo. I'm fine. I promise. This isn't the first time I've been hit in the nose," Virgil mumbled as Logan wiped away the blood.

"I'm sorry, WHAT?!" Janus shrieked causing Virgil to flinch and press himself closer to Logan, specifically his chest.

"Uhm- uh, you know, back in middle school before we met. Not everyone liked me and some showed it physically," Virgil said, both Janus and Remus clenching their fists.

"It wasn't him either, was it?" Remus asked in a low voice, Virgil's eyes widening and shaking his head violently.

"Nononono! Not h-him. Just the bullies," Virgil said.

"Good," glowered Janus.

"Uhm, well apart from this whole situation happening. When were you guys gonna tell us you started dating?" Patton asked with a devious smirk, both Logan and Virgil flushing brightly and Janus and Remus looking like they were seconds away from going feral.

Just so y'all know, I counted them all up in my notes, and the bare minimum of chapters left for this book is 24. That is the lowest amount.
The highest amount is 39, but that's the extreme number. I'd say, based on my calculations, there will be somewhere between 26-30 more chapters. (And there might also be a sequel book, but that isn't set in stone, nor certain to happen, so no getting your hopes up. I'm not good at sequels, it was just a thought I had)

And who's this him? He's never been mentioned before. Who could he possible be?