You are My Sunshine

Trigger Warnings: fear, panic, crying, injuries, talks about surgery, mentions of a past accident, ambiguous implications of past trauma
I highly recommend listening to the song while reading because it makes you feel even more

Logan, Remy, and Emile were sitting in the living room with Rebel curled up on Logan's lap while the teen scratched the pup's velvety pale golden ear. They were watching a documentary about the Amazon rainforest while waiting for Virgil to call them so he could be picked up from school. It was around 5:30 when Remy's phone started ringing. He looked down at it, his eyebrows raised a tiny bit before answering, putting the phone up to his ear.

"Hey hon. Whatcha need?" Remy asked.

There were a few beats of silence where Remy listened to to caller, his eyebrows scrunching up.

"What? Slow down babes, you're talking way too fast," said Remy, sitting up and removing his other arm from around Emile's shoulders.

A few more moments of silence passed, Remy's face falling as he listened, his glasses sliding down his nose and eyes widening.

"No," he finally said, tiny and barely audible. Tears were in his eyes and his hands shook.

"We'll be there as fast as we can," Remy finally said, hanging up and shooting to his feet, startling Rebel off Logan's lap.

"Virgil was in a car accident. We're going to the hospital now," Remy explained as he all but ran out of the living room, tripping over the carpet and running into the walk as he did so.

Logan felt his stomach drop at what that could mean for Virgil. Emile and him were right behind Remy, finding him in the car waiting for them. They quickly got in, putting on their seatbelts before Remy started out of the garage, driving as fast as he was legally allowed to.

During the drive Remy explain through tears how Remus and Roman were already on there way to the hospital, Remus riding with Virgil in the ambulance while Roman took their car. Roman had called Remy first to tell him since he was Virgil's brother and could relay the message to Logan then would call Patton and Janus who were over at Janus' villa. After the explanation the drive was silent and tense, though Logan could've sworn he heard Remy muttering something along the lines of "not again," over and over. Apparently he wasn't the only one to notice since after a few minutes Emile gently placed a hand on Remy's arm.

"It'll be okay, Remy. Virgil's a very strong boy, and we don't even know how bad it is. For all we know he could've just had his foot rolled over, and while that's still not good, it's slightly better than some of the other things that could've happened," cooed Emile.

"But it could also be something worse," mumbled Remy, his hands gripping the steering wheel.

They arrived at the hospital within a few minutes, everyone quickly getting out of the car and hurrying inside, Remy scaring the shit out of the receptionist who, after returning their soul to their body, told them the room Virgil was in, though they warned them that he was getting x-rays at the moment.

Remy pretty much booked it to the room, Emile and Logan very close behind him. They arrived to find Roman and Remus waiting out side in chairs, both looking like they had been through help and back with red rimmed eyes and puffy cheeks, presumably from crying. The twins looked up when they heard the others approach, Remy looking at them then the room behind them.