This Is Halloween

Trigger Warnings: talks about parties, alcohol mentioned several times

Virgil sat on the couch with a blanket over his legs as he drew in his sketchbook. It was Friday afternoon in October so he had nothing better to do than draw since he'd finished all of his homework and Remy was on a date with Emile. He could text Remus or Janus, or even his friends, Roman, Patton, and Logan, but he was very content where he was. At the moment Virgil was sketching out a painting he was going to do on a canvas for Roman since he found out his new friend was aroace. He was also planning on making a painting for both Patton and Logan, the demi and ace colors for Patton then the pride rainbow for Logan. It was sort of a traditional thing for Virgil, every time he makes a new friend he must make a painting for them with their colors. He did one for both Remus and Janus when they became friends in elementary school (though he thinks they look terrible and has repainted them several times. Janus and Remus did receive the many redos, but refuse to get rid of the originals).

It was quiet and peaceful, the mild silence only being broken by a sudden ping from Virgil's phone. Virgil looked down to see a text from Remus on the small group chat, only him, Remus and Janus on it.

FancyRat
hey V I know ya don't care for big parties, or parties in general, but I was wonderin' if ya wanted to come with me and Janus to a Halloween party tomorrow

Virgil had to think about it for a bit. Remus was right when he said Virgil didn't like big parties, hating the loud music that make his head pound, the strange and unknown people jostling around, and the constant threat of alcohol consumption because someone slipped something into the drinks. While Virgil's never had alcohol before he knew its affects on people could be most unpleasant and opted to stay away from any drinks containing the toxins (also Remy would lose it if he found out Virgil accidentally drank something alcoholic).

PastelAngel
How many people will be there? And are both you and Jay gonna be there at all times?

FancyRat
Idk how many people, but not that many and there's also a basement/upstairs if things get too much. Yeah both jay and I will be there along with my womb-sharer, the nerd, and the other bean

PastelAngel
I'm still not sure...

FancyRat
It's only a ten minute walk away from your house so you can return home if it's still too much. It's also a costume party so if you want to dress up you can

Virgil considered his options and decided he might as well try. Screw his anxieties, right? He'll try and have fun for Halloween since society sees him and his friends as too old to trick or treat.

PastelAngel
Alright. I'll have to check with Remy though. What time does it start and end?

FancyRat
It starts a 4 and ends when everyone leaves

PastelAngel
That's not really helpful Remus.

FancyRat
That just means you can leave at any time. Just tell one of us and we'll take you home if you get too anxious

PastelAngel
Okay Remus. What're you going as?

FancyRat
You'll have to wait and see. It's a surprise. Bout you?

Virgil playfully rolled his eyes, despite Remus not being able to see it since they weren't face-timing. He though about what he could go as them settled on an angel since he has a white dress, and had already made a halo out of a headband and some wire.

PastelAngel
I'm thinking an angel since I have the dress and halo

FancyRat
Virgil, my friend, I said costumes. Not descriptors

Virgil giggled to himself because of Remus' comment.

PastelAngel
Very funny Remus. Will y'all meet me outside tomorrow?

FancyRat
Yup! Jay, Logan and I will. Roman's picking up Patton so he'll meet us there

PastelAngel
Sounds good. I just got a response from Remy. He said yes., but I have to be home before eleven.

FancyRat
Sounds great!

Alright I got a question

So y'all remember way back when in one of my other books (To the Stars and Back) I said I could write a unicorn AU? Well I was wondering if y'all'd be interested in a one-shot or short teaser showing y'all what the story would be like. A sort of test the waters kind of thing, ya know?

If y'all want it then I'll post a one-shot/teaser/tester over on my Sanders Sides AU Ideas book (since that's where I have room and where it'll fit in with the other AUs)
Please lemme know if y'all want that
Other than that we's cool

Dress:

No heals

No heals