Champion

Trigger Warnings: swearing, mildly talks about injuries, boredom

It was official. Virgil was going to loose his mind. Laying in a hospital bed nonetheless.

It had only been a week and yet he was more bored than he'd ever been in his life. Everyone else had school to attend while he was stuck in the hospital for three more weeks. Sure, he got the school work he missed and will be missing, but he's already done that. Remy had classes and work, so he couldn't visit much (and hopefully he had book a therapy appointment too).

Thankfully his concussion had cleared up the first few days, so headaches were far less. However, he did have to start breathing exercises to make sure his fractured ribs healed correctly and to prevent the risk of pneumonia. His surgery area didn't hurt to much, but sudden or harsh movements did cause spikes of pain. His broken arm remained in a case, it already starting to itch. He better be happy that he was ambidextrous or else he wouldn't be able to draw for nearly six to eight weeks.

The nurses at the hospital were nice and some would hang around for casual conversation, but most of the time Virgil was left to his own devices. Which is how he found out about the television in his room, one of the nurses giving him the remote.

"Thank fucking god," Virgil muttered to himself as he flipped through the channels.

For several hours he skipped around channels watching movies that were on, some movies being "The Nightmare Before Christmas", "The Princess Bride", and one of the Harry Potter movies. After a while of searching there were no more movies so Virgil just put it on the Food Network. It started out as "Drivers, Dine Ins, and Dives", playing about five episodes before changing to something new.

"Beat Bobby Flay".

He had been drawing for most of the time, Remy having brought him a sketchbook and some pencils during one visit. The television was on for background noise while he sketched or doodled. However this showed peaked his curiosity, he'd never seen it before more had he heard of it. The judges or people who picked out the contestants were pretty funny, as were the competitors. Bobby seemed chill too, he was just watching, maybe wandering around every now and then. The episodes were an hour long each, since they seemed to be more commercial than episode, but be that as it may Virgil was intrigued by the show, watching more episodes as it went.

However, the more be watched the more frustrated he got because no one was beating Bobby Flay. Not even chefs who clearly had more experience with their meal of choice than him.

"Oh come on! Someone has to beat him at some point!" grumbled Virgil, watching the fourth competitor leave after loosing.

Two more episodes and he had to stop watching, one because he got so upset, and two because Remy came by.

"Hey! How ya doing coco bean?" Remy asked.

"I hate Bobby Flay," mumbled Virgil, crossing his arms and pouting.

Remy raised an eyebrow but after getting no explanation he shrugged it off.

I fell asleep while writing this chapter, so I wasn't able to finish until now.

And yes, this chapter was short and mildly self indulgent to how I feel about Bobby Flay