We Are Young

(The picture above is not Patton's or Roman's actual outfits or design for this story, I just think it's really pretty)
Trigger Warnings: mentions past bruises, anxiety

The weekend passed by quickly for Virgil. Remy did end up finding out about his bruised eye, but Virgil told him the same false story he told Logan. Though after that story Virgil had to convince Remy to allow him to go back to the animal shelter. Remy only broke after seeing the absolutely shattered look on Virgil's face after he suggested Virgil not go that weekend.

Virgil was happy to return to school on Monday since that's when he got to spend plenty of time with his two best friends and, now, new friend. Everything was fine and dandy for the little pastel, eager to begin a new day and have fun. Art passed extremely quickly with doing a pastel piece (whether you use oil or chalk was your choice) before class ended (Virgil did a ruby-throated hummingbird in chalk pastel). In AP Astronomy they were learning more about the constellations and stars along with how they originated through the mythology and folklore behind them. They were assigned to look up a constellation or star and research their origin, who found them, who named them, why they were given that named, what constellation they were apart of if you did a star, etc.

While researching Virgil felt something hit his hand. He looked down in surprise to see a small crumpled up ball of paper sitting on his desk. Opening it Virgil found a short message written there in pretty cursive font.

'𝒲𝑜𝓊𝓁𝒹 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓁𝓊𝓃𝒸𝒽 𝓈𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓂𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓂𝓎 𝒻𝓇𝒾𝑒𝓃𝒹𝓈?
~ 𝐿𝑜𝑔𝒶𝓃'

Virgil smiled softly to himself and felt a light blush creep onto his cheeks. He quickly wrote a reply, also writing in cursive since he enjoyed doing so.

'𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓮, 𝓫𝓾𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓯 𝓙𝓪𝔂 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓡𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓬𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓽𝓸𝓸
~ 𝓥𝓲𝓻𝓰𝓲𝓵'

Virgil then gently tossed the paper back to Logan who was sitting two desks over, an unoccupied desk sitting between them. Logan easily caught the paper ball then read the message, a half smirk half smile tugging on their lips. He gave Virgil a nod which Virgil interpreted as a yes to Janus and Remus being allowed to join.

Virgil turned his attention back to the assignment, finishing up quickly then waiting patiently for class to end. Once the bell rang Virgil packed up his belongings, choosing to avoid the crowds this time, and hopefully Chris, by taking as long as he wished. Once he was done he noticed Logan had waited for him.

"Greetings Virgil. How has your morning been?" Logan asked as they headed for the door.

"Lovely, I enjoyed my art class. Also, if you want to meet up somewhere for lunch I'm usually waiting by the cherry blossom tree outside since this is my free period," said Virgil as he skipped along side Logan.

"Good to know," Logan smirked as they descended the steps.

"By the way, how many friends of yours are we meeting?" asked Virgil, nervous it was going to be a lot of people all at once.

"Only two. Roman, Remus' twin brother, and Patton, whom I've mentioned earlier," stated Logan.

"Okay. Well enjoy your next class. I'll see you at lunch," called Virgil as they split off, Logan going to the basement while Virgil headed outside.