Shatter Me

Trigger Warnings: crying, injures, self-deprecation?, sad Virgil (that is a huge sin right there), panic, anxiety

Virgil ran all the way to his house, jamming the keys in the hole then flinging the door open. He locked it, just in case a Chris had chosen to follow him, then ran up the spiraled staircase to his room. In his room he slabbed his door closed, threw his bags on the ground, tore off his purse and flung it across his room. After that he let out a heartbreaking wail and shoved his face in his hands tears rolling down his cheeks in a constant stream as he sunk to his knees, sobbing into his sleeve as he curled in on himself.

Chris' taunts still rang loudly in his ears, hurtful and accusing, shattering him deep on the inside. Virgil sniffed then wearily stood up, taking off his pink sweater jacket and walking over to his dresser. There he grabbed the only dark piece of loathing he 'owned'. It was really a very large and comfortable plaid black jacket of Remy's he let's Virgil borrow.

And to put it lightly it was a comfort item. Whenever Virgil was sad, scared, or anxious he would put on the jacket and it would never fail to calm him now and ground him in reality.

After a few minutes Virgil was feeling slightly calmer, so he decided it was time to examine his injuries. He, in no way, shape, or form, was a doctor, but over time he learned how to treat his injuries without anyone (Remy, Remus, and/or Janus) knowing. Virgil walked into the bathroom and flicked the lights on, but what he saw in the mirror was. . . a fluffing mess.

He had a black left eye, several ugly purple and greenish bruises on his cheeks and neck, dried blood was still plastered just above his mouth like a tattoo, and his hair was a complete mess, falling in front of his face pitifully. Virgil sighed at his reflection, holding onto his arm as he tried to fight back tears.

"They were right," he said to himself. "I'm disgusting."

He huffed sadly then set to work, wiping all blood, dirt and grime, disinfecting his cuts, scrapes and bruises then brushing his hair, careful of his black eye. He changed out of his old outfit since it got some dirt and blood on it, instead putting on a large purple sleep shirt and navy blue pajama pants with silver and gold stars. He kept Remy's jacket on, it not only was a comfort item, but it helped hide the bruises, cuts, and scrapes in his arm, as did his pants.

After about thirty minutes Virgil left his room and went to the living room, sitting on the couch and putting on Bolt as a distraction from all the icky and unwanted thoughts filling his head. Ten minutes in and Virgil heard a knock on the door.

Virgil froze, his first thought that Chris had found him and was going to try and hurt him more, since Remy had a key, and Remus and Janus have a very specific knocking rhythm. His thoughts were going a little nuts as he shakily stood up and stumbled over to the front door. Having to get a stool and stand on his tippy-toes Virgil looked out of the peep hole. To his greatest surprise he saw none other than Logan standing there.

Very confused, but relieved it wasn't Chris Virgil opened the door, but made sure his bangs covered his swollen black eye as to not arouse any question from the punk.

"Greetings Virgil. I'm here to drop off the minimal work you were assigned in class. It seems you already completed almost everything so it shouldn't be too difficult," said Logan while handing Virgil an almost empty tan folder.

"Oh, uhm, thank you Logan. You didn't have to do this," Virgil shyly took the folder, holding to to his chest while keeping his gaze down.

"I don't mind. Also in case you were anxious I learned where you live through your friend Remus who happens to be my roommate along with his twin brother," Logan added.

"Oh! You know Remus! That's amazing, he's one of my two bestest friends," said Virgil, smiling softly as he fondly remembered his friends.

"Yes, he talks about you and this Jay quite often. He's very fond of you in a platonic away," agreed Logan.

"Of course it's platonic. Remus is aromantic," said Virgil.

After that there was a minute of awkward silence, Logan appearing as if he was unsure whether to leave or not and Virgil not wanting to be rude and leave Logan on the porch.

"Do you want to come inside? My brother's at work, but he should be home in about an hour. I was just watching a movie," said Virgil, unsure if it was the right thing to do, but the awkwardness was nearly killing him.

"Only if you'll have me," joked Logan to which Virgil nodded.

Logan entered the house and looked around, admiring the coziness it offered. A few pictures of younger Remys and Virgils hung on the wall, some being school pictures others life moments. A few were even taken with their grandparents or another young man that seemed to be Remy's boyfriend, but none were taken with their parents. Logan walked into the living room where he eyed the twin shelving units, one holding books and DVDs while the other held knick-knack and little trinkets.

"Lovely place you have," commented Logan.

"O-oh. Thank you, but it's not mine. It's my brother's, he just has legal custody of me since he turned eighteen. I've been living with him for five years," said Virgil, moving over to the couch.

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your parents? I noticed they weren't in any of your pictures," asked Logan while sitting down as well.

"Oh I don't mind. They died in a car accident when I was five and Remy was ten. We were both in the car when it happened, but neither of us were hurt badly. I don't remember much about the car accident or my parent, but Remy said they were nice. We just don't have many pictures of us with them," answered Virgil.

"I see. Would you care to continue watching your movie, or would you rather do something else?" Logan gestured to the television.

"I could paint your nails! If you want to, that is. I just remembered you talking about it yesterday and I noticed your nails don't look that good -no offense- and I thought maybe you'd like yours done" rambled Virgil, nervously playing with his bangs.

"That sounds delightful. If you are willing I'd love to," Logan smiled, though it kinda looked more like a smirk.

"Okay! I'll go get my stuff, you can wait here," Virgil stood up to leave, but was stopped when Logan grabbed his wrist. He winced since there was a rather large cut on that wrist along with some bruises, but managed to hide it.

"Virgil is that a black eye?" Logan asked and Virgil felt his blood run cold.

No, the car accident with Virgil's parents isn't the one I had y'all vote on, so you can stop there.  That was already in the plot when I made this story.
The car accident won't be for a while, so be patient. Also, first chapter we hear about Virgil's parents. I wonder what angst is hidden there

Virgil's pants: