Honey I'm Good

Trigger Warnings: food mention, medicine mention, swearing, shit tone of fluff

Logan woke up the next morning not in his room and with a pounding headache. He winced as he untangled himself from the blankets and looked around the room, spotting his glasses on a nightstand next to a small cup with two pills in it and a larger cup of water. He pushed himself up from the bed and grabbed his glasses, then looking around the room. It took a moment, but he soon figured out that it was Virgil's room.

The lights were off and the curtains were drawn, causing the room to be relatively dark. It wasn't pitch black, but it was certainly dark enough that he couldn't make out everything in the room, somethings just looking like blobs of darkness. He heard shuffling from down stairs, probably Virgil making breakfast or watching a movie.

"Virgil. He had to seem me drunk. Great, just perfect," Logan sarcastically though to himself.

Logan hadn't meant to get drunk the night before, he can't even remember where he got the drinks which was mildly worrying. All he knew was that he wanted to relax after the stress of midterms, then he remembered wanting to see his adorable boyfriend, to give him hugs and kisses and cuddles, which apparently he did (though maybe not the hugs, kisses, and cuddles part). He could only imagine Virgil's surprise seeing him on his doorstep.

He heard footsteps coming up the spiral stairs, then the door opened, a tiny bit of light coming from the large landing area between Virgil's room, Remy's room and the stairs. Virgil came walking in, a plate in his hand as he closed the door behind him.

"Morning," Virgil murmured, setting the plate on the nightstand and kneeling down next to the bed, kissing Logan's forehead. "I left some medicine here for the headache you probably have."

"Thanks," Logan mumbled, reaching out to grab the small cup with pills in it, grabbing the water cup too then taking the meds.

"I didn't know how you were going to be feeling this morning, so I just made you some toast. Hope you like it," said Virgil, brushing some hair out of Logan's face, much like he'd do to Virgil.

"I'm sure it's great. Thank you," mumbled Logan, sitting up in the bed, some blankets falling off his shoulders as he sat up.

Logan at his small breakfast, Virgil having put his favorite jam on it so it was even better. Virgil sat with Logan while he ate, having already eaten breakfast when he got up a few hours prior. Once he finished Virgil set the plate back on the beside table.

"How're you feeling?" asked Virgil.

"Much better. The medicine is helping," replied Logan, stretching his arms above his head and yawning. "What day is it?"

"Saturday, January 31st," said Virgil.

"Oh shit, we have to get your puppy today," Logan said his eyes widening.

"Really?! That's today?!" asked Virgil, his eyes wide as well, but sparked with joy.

"Yeah, what time is it? We need to be there around 1:00 p.m." Logan looked around the room for a clock.

"It's 11:33 a.m. so we have plenty of time. You can even go back to your apartment to change into different clothes if you want," said Virgil.

"Alright. The place isn't too far away so we can walk if you want. I'll meet you outside of your house at 12:30?" Logan said getting out of the bed and heading out of the room.

"Alright," agreed Virgil, walking Logan out of the house.

Logan made it home by 11:54, leaving to his room all the while ignoring the twins as they were in the middle of one of their physical Sibling Fights. He had since learned not to question these Sibling Fights, as Remus had told him, "You don't have siblings so you wouldn't understand. Fighting is all a part of the healing process." (He had later learned that Remus stole the quote from The Legends of Korra.)

He made it to his room where he got dressed in a thin navy blue shirt, blue striped tie, one of his navy blue, almost black, jackets with spikes on the shoulder and some pins and patches, blue jeans, and his combat boots. He added some bracelets and sleeveless gloves to his look, then heading to the bathroom to brush his hair and teeth. By the time he was done it was 12:13 and he was heading out the door.

"Going to take Virgil to get his puppy. I'll be back sometime today or tomorrow," Logan called to his roommates who were both sitting on the couch in a pout, their arms crossed over their chest as they refused to make eye contact.

Logan journeyed back to Virgil's house, picking him up there then starting down the sidewalk to the puppy's owners' house. Virgil already had a puppy leash and collar for when they got them, just in case they tried to run away or escape while being brought home. The couple walked for about twenty minutes, chatting and talking about everythings and nothings. They then arrived, Logan knocking on the door to get a symphony of barking and yapping.

"Probably should've thought about the puppies before knocking," chuckled Logan, Virgil giggling as the door open.

A women stood there with a puppy under here arm, wiggling excitedly. Behind her were two adult goldens and they could hear lots of puppy barks from down the hall.

"Here's your puppy. It's a boy, he was born on December 2nd, he's mostly potty-trained and knows how to sit and stay. He has also been collar trained, but not leash trained. You can name him whatever you'd like. Thank you for taking him," she said, handing the puppy to Virgil who was nearly buzzing with joy.

"Thank you for letting us have him! He'll be greatly taken care of, I promise you that!" grinned Virgil as the puppy licked his chin, his tail wagging nearly a million miles an second.

The lady nodded then closed the door, Logan and Virgil walking down the sidewalk with the puppy in Virgil's arms. Once out of the person's yard Virgil paused to clip the collar and leash onto the puppy, with Logan's help since the puppy was very happy and wiggly. Once done they started walking again, Virgil cooing the entire time.

"So do you have a name picked out for him?" asked Logan as they neared Virgil's house.

"Yes! This is Rebel," said Virgil, holding him up to get some puppy kisses to the face.

"How about we get him acquainted with his new home then we can go out and buy him some new toys, treats, food, bed, peemats, collars and leashes for when he's older, and a baby gate, if we need that," said Logan.

"You have everything planned don't you? Alright, let's get Rebel situated in his new home," grinned Virgil, hugging his new fur baby.

Next chapter is going to be fun to write. Can't wait for y'all to see (read?) it!

Here is baby Rebel: