Pitiful Children

Trigger Warnings: assault in a way, slurs/ the use of the word slut, suggestive language that leads nowhere

Virgil was ready for the party by 3 and just sat in the living room sketching until he met Remus, Janus and Logan outside at 4. He was prepared in the white dressed and had a head band with almost invisible wire holding up a halo he had made a year prior for fun along with mild make up (just white foundation and a light silver dusting on his cheeks, though he did make his freckles a darker silver and even made a few look like stars). Right at 4 Virgil grabbed his small purse with his phone, headphones, charger, pocket sketchbook, and three graphite pencils in it before bidding Remy farewell. He then skipped out the door where he saw his friends waiting. He recognized Janus' costume (sorcerer) by the large, hand crafted wooden staff in his hand and flowing cape. Logan seemed to be going as Milo Thatch from Disney's "Atlantis: the Lost World". He didn't, however, see Remus, but he assumed he would be catching up after forgetting something.

"Hi Jay! Hi Logan!" Virgil greeted, bouncing up to them.

"Hello literal angel," said Janus, eying at the halo headband.

"Yeah, I didn't have time to make the wings," Virgil smiled before glancing over at Logan. "Logan are you okay? You look a little pink."

Logan's cheeks were a bright pink color and he seemed in shock with tiny beads of sweat rolling down his forehead. He quickly snapped out of his little trance to answer.

"Y-yes. I'm p-perfectly fine," he said.

"Hey guys, let's go," Virgil heard Remus shout. He looked down the sidewalk and almost burst out laughing at what he saw, covering his mouth as he tried to hide his huge grin. Remus was rolling down the sidewalk on his pink, white, and rainbow JoJo Siwa Heelies (with big pink bows on the laces) wearing the popular inflatable dinosaur costume. He stopped in front of the three of them with a goofy smile on his face behind the foggy screen.

"Is it hot in there Remus?" Virgil asked with a smile.

"Yup! Very, very hot, so let's go," with that Remus continued wheeling down the road on his brightly colored Heelies.

Virgil followed behind him with Janus and Logan, the four making it to the party destination in around fifteen minutes, taking a bit longer because Remus ran into a lamppost and Virgil freaked out thinking he had a concussion. Thankfully Logan assured them all that he wasn't showing any signs of those who would have a concussion therefore allowing them to continue on their journey.

The party was just as Virgil had expected; loud, crowded with bright flashing lights and music so loud it nearly shook the house. It was either the music, the many feet pounding the ground as they danced, or both. He didn't blame Remus for saying that there weren't going to be many people since high schoolers tend to multiply even if one doesn't intent to have so many people at a party. People invited invited friends, those friends invited friends too and suddenly there are forty teenagers partying at a house at three in the morning.

Virgil quickly grabbed a bottle of water (before anyone could put anything in it) and two bags of chips then found a quiet spot in the corner on a cushioned leather couch. He spend over an hour there just sketching in his travel book, using his phone to search up reference photos or name ideas for his creations.

Many times during the party Janus or Remus would come and check up on him, sometimes sit with him for a few minutes and talk before leaving. Remus tried to get him to dance, but the idea was quickly shot down and buried when he saw the absolute mortified look on Virgil's face when it was said. It was enough that Virgil had left his comfort zone to go to a party, he didn't want to be publicly humiliated at the first party he ever went to (excluding birthday parties, but even those were few and far between).