What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Trigger Warnings: mild anxiety, mild stage fright, Wesley is mentioned (by name and as an ex)

It only took them all fifteen minutes to get ready, both Virgil and Patton changing their outfits. Virgil's was a black crop top with sleeves that went to the elbows and hearts on the sleeves' sides. The front of the shirt had three little hearts on it with text above it that said "Merry Night". Then there was the skirt that was pastel pink, held up by suspender straps going over the shoulders and the skirt going halfway down his thighs. There was then long black socks that went up to Virgil's knees with fishnet going up his thighs. Light pink, almost white, shoes with little bows decked Virgil's feet and to keep himself warm he had a longer, and warm, jacket that was light blue with a light pink heart patch on the right side and a fuzzy light pink hood.

Patton had put on a white shirt with a blue skirt held up by straps as well, the skirt going a bit below his knees, white socks with little blue anchors on them that went up to his knees as well shiny black slip-on shoes. He put a light blue headband on, keeping his strawberry blonde curls out of his face and in his glasses. Finally he wore his new blue hoodie over it all, the hoodie being large enough that it went down to his knees (he got it in a large because he likes big hoodies)

They set out at 4:50, the walk actually quite pleasant since the wind wasn't blowing, and everyone dressed warmly. The walk to the café was only fifteen minutes, but was made twenty since they had the two crackhead, Florida-man twins to look after. Because of the delay -with Remus getting his tongue stuck to three traffic light poles, a door handle and a bench while Roman slipping on ice and tripped at least one other person more times they could count- they arrived at the café at 5:13, the little place have a few groups of people there and the karaoke already starting.

It wasn't really described as a café, more like a small restaurant. When you first enter the counter and kitchen is straight ahead, then there are several tables and a few booths organized neatly around the area, with bathrooms to the left and a small stage hooked up with lighting and speakers to the right. The lights were dim, with the stage lights lit brightly and fading from different colors; from red to yellow to green to blue to purple to pink then back to red. The speakers were actually working rather well, the DJ also being pretty chill, using karaoke from YouTube to offer more variety to songs and music.

"Oh we're so doing Sincerely, Me," Roman said to Remus, the other twin grinning and nodding enthusiastically.

Janus shook his head and guided the twins by the arms to the counter where Virgil, Logan, and Patton were already waiting. They ordered their food, got their drinks, and found a booth near the left side of the restaurant, getting a table that was able to fit all six of them. They sat down accordingly; Remus, Roman, and Patton on the right while Virgil, Logan, and Janus were on the left.

"You have plenty of time to sing. Eat first, karaoke later," said Janus as he sipped his drink.

"You're no fun. We could sing while we're waiting," pouted Remus, huffily slumping in his chair with his arms crossed over his chest.

"But you'd probably do better on a full stomach," Patton smiled, looking over at the stage where two people were singing Just Give Me a Reason by P!nk.

"Besides the twins wanting to sing nearly ten songs, does anyone else want to do karaoke?" Logan asked.

"I might do one," shrugged Patton, slurping up his strawberry milkshake.