Buttercup

Trigger Warnings: swear word in the trigger warnings (go figure), holy shit is this thing fluffy, like, mega fluff, I seriously thing you might need new teeth because of how tooth rottingly fluffy this chapter is

The month of November seemed to pass by in literally a blink, just a flurry of schoolwork, tests, homework, and hanging out with friends (and new boyfriend since Virgil and Logan been together for a month now). Before Virgil knew it Winter Break had arrived on December 15th and would be lasting until January 5th, so they get three whole weeks off of school. Two days after getting off for the break, on a rather cool Monday, was one Virgil di Angelo's 18th birthday.

He had no idea what was in store for him on that day. Normally his birthdays would just be him, Remy, Remus, Janus, and sometimes his grandparents, but his grandparents couldn't visit as often as they used to since they were getting older and moving around was getting harder. This year, however, Virgil had three new people to join him, a boyfriend too. He hadn't had a boyfriend around for his birthday since sophomore year of high school.

This year Virgil woke up at the usual time and went down stairs for breakfast where Remy already was making chocolate chip pancakes. It had been a tradition in the di Angelo household to make chocolate chip pancakes for the other on their birthday. Virgil sat down on the couch with Remy soon joining him, both happily eating their pancakes while watching "Avatar: the Last Airbender" on Netflix.

"You might want to get dressed soon Virgil. You friends are coming over in a bit," Remy said as he took their plates.

"They are?" Virgil didn't know anything about this. Sure, Janus and Remus came by, but everyone?

"Yup. They wanted to bring you your presents," winked Remy, Virgil feeling his cheeks grow hot.

It's not that Virgil didn't like presents and gifts, he did, he just always felt embarrassed or guilty about getting them. He hadn't earned them, it was just a gift to say 'congratulations, you didn't die this year'. That's why his birthdays were always a bit awkward for him, and why he never had parties.

Upon hearing the news that people would be over he ran up stairs and picked out his outfit for the day, decided on a deep purple dress with lighter purple and pink space patterns on it. After he brushed his hair and teeth then went back downstairs, just in time to get the door upon hearing the door bell. Outside the twins and Logan where there, Janus and Patton soon behind them. They all congregated in the living room, happily taking about their plans for the break.

Since none of them were religious that meant none of them celebrated Christmas, so, to them, the break wasn't called Christmas Break, it was Winter break, despite the Florida weather thinking otherwise for the majority of the break.

The six friends spent well over three hours just talking and laughing out random, trivial things, then Remy suggested opening presents. Though Virgil was slightly embarrassed the entire time he opened the presents happily, thanking everyone for the gift. From Patton he got a new navy blue blanket with galaxy and star print, from Roman a pure white llama plush with blue eyes, art supplies from both Janus and Remus, and a very pretty light pink winter dress with a shawl from his grandparents (they had it delivered), though it doesn't seem like he'd be able to where it often in Florida.

Logan and Remy were last, both seeming to be exchanging looks with one another as if they were plotting something.

"Hang on a second Virgil. Your gift is on my phone, though it won't be here for a bit," Logan said from his seat next to Virgil, the punk boy opening up an app then clicking a picture. He then showed the picture, Virgil gasping then awing at the image. The picture was one of ten newborn golden retriever puppies, all around three days old and ranging from different shades and variations of gold.