Good In Me

Trigger Warnings: bullying, violence, kicking, hitting, punching, beating, swearing, homophobic slurs, blood, assholes

Friday rolled around and Virgil was pleased he was able to sleep in. He woke up about two hours later than he would on a school day, but that was fine. These days also allowed him to stay in his soft, warm, and comfortable pajamas longer than school days do. Virgil ended up sitting on the couch in his fluffy and soft pastel dress shirt. It was pretty long (also helped that he was short) and went down to his knees. Virgil liked it because it was stretchy so he could pull his legs up into the dress and become a cocoon of warmth.

Remy came down about thirty minutes later and sat with him for a while as they finished watched an episode of "The Incredible Dr. Pol" (great series, if y'all can you should watch it. It's on Disney+. New seasons are better in my opinion). After Remy had to leave for work, bidding Virgil farewell then leaving for Starbucks. Virgil sat around for another hour before getting up and getting dressed in a white and pink flora shirt, a turquoise skirt that went to his knees, and a pink sweater jacket to protect his arms from the sun. He also grabbed his heart purse where he had his phone, headphones, extra charger, wallet, keys, mini sketchbook, and graphite pencils stashed inside.

Once done packing Virgil left his house, locking the door on his way out. He decided he would get out for the day, probably spend a few extra hours at the animal shelter, go to the nearby town to do a bit of shopping since he would probably be needing a new sketchbook soon with how quickly he's going through them. He could also go for some more paints and canvases.

So he set out for the animal shelter, skipping down the sidewalk and hopping around left over puddles from the rainstorm. He made it to the shelter in about ten minutes, bouncing through the door to the open little area with the front desk.

"Hey Virgil," someone said from behind the front desk.

Virgil looked over and smiled, his work colleague and friend Talyn waving at him. Talyn was a year older than him and they had just started their first year at college. Virgil enjoyed them because they were cool, funny, nice, and short just like him.

"Shouldn't you be in school?" they asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Remy let me have today off. I wanted to see how Peggy was doing and help out around here," Virgil said sheepishly.

"Peggy's doing fine. She's just resting. I'm sure Bolt, Scar, Mufasa, Simba, and Nala will be happy to see you, though," grinned Talyn while letting Virgil into the back.

Virgil grinned as he ran over to the four tan and white collie puppies, Mufasa, Scar, Simba, and Nala, and the white and grey Husky/border collie mix, Bolt. They all ran up to the cage upon seeing him, bouncing on the metal and yapping excitedly.

"Hello to y'all as well. Hello Mufasa! Hello Nala and Simba. Scar stop biting your brother. Bolt, you big boy, get off, you're squishing Simba," Virgil said to all of the puppies, sticking his fingers between the bars and scratching their ears or chins.

He ended up staying at the shelter for four hours, helping clean cages, groom, exercise, feed, water, and bath the animals, and sweep all of the floors. He did end up seeing Peggy, who was sluggish, but doing well after her spaying. The big massive had even tried to jump up onto Virgil for a hug, but was quickly pulled down.

Virgil only left because he got hungry, the breakfast bar he had that morning not keeping him full for long. So after a quick stop at Burger King he was on his way to the craft store where he spent well over an hour sifting through the store's large art section. He looked at the paints, the sketchbooks, the pencils, the beads, the threads, all of it. He ended up getting two new sketchbooks, some paint and a pack of new paintbrushes. He checked out and enjoyed his walk back home. The day was nice, a bit warm, but not as humid as it had been with a nice breeze every now and then.

He was happy with how the day went. That is, until he was grabbed by the arm and pulled into a nearby alley. Virgil let out a startled yelp, his heart started to pound as he though he was being robbed or mugged. What he saw when he looked up, however, was even more terrifying.

Chris, John, and Zavier were standing around him and they didn't look happy, all glaring down at him while smirking dangerously.

"We didn't see you at our competition today, pixie. Why is that?" Chris barked, Virgil whimpering and shrinking into his jacket.

"M-my brother l-let me h-have to-today off. How was your game?" he managed to stutter, playing nervously with his fingers while clutching his bags.

"Oh it was fine. We won of course, but you weren't there. What have I told you about trying to skip out on these games?" sneered Chris, leaning forward.

"N-not to," squeaked Virgil.

"That's right. Now you must learn your lesson about disobeying me," Virgil closed his eyes then felt something come hard into contact with his nose. He gasped, the back of his head hitting the wall behind him as his hands dropped the bags and flew up to clutch his nose. A trickle of crimson blood had already started out of his nose to the top of his lip.

"I think a broken nose isn't just enough. What do you two think?" Chris asked his friends as Virgil's eyes flicked around for a way out.

"Naw, he needs more," said John.

"Maybe a broken arm will teach him this time," taunted Zavier.

Virgil whimpered then all he felt was pain. The three boys just attacked him relentlessly, throwing punches left and right. When he fell down they started kicking him, on the stomach, the ribs, the back, the head, everywhere. All throughout this the three kept shouting insults at him, calling him a faggot, pixie, disappointment, worthless, disgusting, and some other words that Virgil didn't know the meaning of like motherfucker, bitch, whore, and slut.

Virgil wanted more than anything to cry or scream for help, but his voice was frozen in his throat.

Finally, after a few minutes Virgil saw an opening and took it. He leaped up and sprinted out of the alley, somehow managing to grab his bags before he ran away from the boys back to his house, where he would be safe.

YALL THIS STORY IS RANK 4TH PLACE IN ANALOGICAL!!!

Virgil's pajamas:

Virgil's outfit:

And so, some angst begins