Because of You

Trigger Warnings: mental abuse, a toxic relationship, attempted sexual assault, suicide, mental damage (PTSD)

You can already tell this is going to be the feel-good chapter of the century (that was sarcastic)

Warning, long fucking chapter

Freshman year.

Virgil finally made it to high school and was hoping to start out strong. He had great support behind him with his two best friends and older brother. The first day was pretty simple, the teachers handed out syllabuses, they went over the rule of the class room, and everyone got to introduce themselves. In English everyone had to pick an adjective that described them and had the same first letter as their name. Virgil choose Vigilant for his adjectives, much to the teacher's joy since she was probably getting tired of the same adjectives being used over and over again by non-creative students.

"Hi, I'm Witty Wesley!" a boy with curling brown hair and brown eyes exclaimed, drawing Virgil's and many other students' attention.

"Very nice. Well now that that's all said and done we can move in to class rules," said the teacher, turning back to her computer, but Virgil was very interested in this Wesley. He seemed really nice.

Class ended ten minutes later, Virgil packing up hid things when he felt a tap on his shoulder. He looked up and saw the boy from earlier there, smiling widely at him and making Virgil flush.

"Hi! I liked the adjective you picked out today!" he said, Virgil nodding along.

"Uh-uhm, thank you. Yours was pretty good too," stammered Virgil,a soft smile on his lips.

"Thanks! I'll see you around? Maybe we can talk more in English," said Wesley, Virgil nodding before they both left for their next class.

———

Virgil and Wesley laughed as they walked down a path in the part, the new spring flowers making pollen explode and giving them both allergies, but they enjoyed their time either way.

"I still think it was risky of you to pull that prank on Mr. Graves," Virgil laughed as they arrived at the flower patch, both sitting down and Virgil plucking a few and weaving them together.

"Think so? The class seemed to like it though. And Mr. Graves didn't even know it was me!" cried Wesley.

"Yeah. It was an interesting start to the class period. I think you delayed his lecture by five minutes!" grinned Virgil as he wove the flowers.

"Oh no! The audacity! What is he ever going to do now that his master schedule has been thrown off?!" Wesley cried over-dramatically, making both of them laugh.

"Here. I made a flower crown," said Virgil, presenting the woven band of flowers to Wesley.

"Wow! That's amazing, Virgil! Great job, you have a true talent!" Wesley grinned, Virgil flushing brightly while shrugging.

"It's for you," Virgil said sheepishly.

"Really?! Thank you, Virgil! It's beautiful! I'll treasure it forever," gasped the brown haired boy, putting the crown on and grinning brightly.