Teenagers

Trigger Warnings: bullying, name-calling, implied injuries, anxiety, mentions murder

The halls had cleared up rather quickly which was rather inconvenient for Virgil. He huffed as he walked down the stairs to the ground floor where he was only a hop, skip, and a jump away from the door. Virgil smiled at the thought of making it outside without a problem, but he was suddenly jerked backwards by his shoulder and shoved against the lockers. The boy winced as his back made contact with the cold metal then nervously looked up to be met by the face of his bully; a large and strong boy named Chris. He had dirt blond hair that almost looked brown, tan skin, brown eyes, and broad shoulders along with being nearly six feet tall, shy of it by four inches. He was wearing his usual outfit; white shirt, red and yellow jersey, blue jeans, and sneakers. Most would think Chris was on the football team because of his size and build, but the boy was actually on the track and field team along with hokey team.

Chris sneered down at Virgil who in turn shrunk into himself, hating the confrontation Chris always forced him into. His anxiety was through the roof and he really wished he could just disappear into nothingness. Chris towering over him like a impending doom never helped in that field either.

"How's the little pixie doing today?" Chris asked, snickers from behind him telling Virgil that John and Zavier we're behind him.

"F-fine," Virgil stuttered, hugging his messenger bag to his chest as Chris rested a hand on the lockers, trapping Virgil between him and the wall.

"Feeling better after last week's little 'game'?" the tall sports boy cooed, Virgil shivering as he remembered last Friday and trying to hide the injuries he received from Chris, John, and Zavier. Not only from Janus and Remus, who both would be willing to murder Chris if they found out about the bullying, but from Remy who could easily destroy anyone's life with only a few clicks on his phone.

Virgil couldn't muster any words, his throat too dry and clogged with nerves, so he settled on nodding softly.

"Good. Means you'll be ready for Friday if anything bad happens during the game," with that Chris and his friends left, leaving Virgil leaning against the lockers, his legs trembling violently.

The boy swallowed thickly before wobbling over to the front doors and walking through, nearly tripping on the few steps down, but managing to maintain his balance. He took a seat under the cherry blossom tree that was always so beautiful in spring with its pastel pink flowers blooming in explosions of glory. But, in early fall, the tree stood bare of flowers and already loosing some leaves despite it only being early September.

Virgil rested his back against the trunk and closed his eyes, feeling the warm breeze of Florida blow in his face and tussle his pastel dyed hair. The sweet smell of unfallen rain hung in the air and Virgil opened his eyes to see storm clouds rolling in the distance. Judging by how close they were and by the wind's strength he predicted the storm would arrive some time after lunch, probably starting around 1-ish.

The boy sighed, recovering quickly from the run-in with Chris then took out his sketchbook and started doodling again, this time doodling the cherry tree he was leaning on since it was a little tradition of his to draw the tree every time he leaned on it. The school year had only started three weeks earlier and already Virgil had five pages in his sketchbook covered in different drawings of the same tree, all looking different in their own respects as he grew as an artist.

The hour passed quickly and soon the lunch bell rang, students either heading for the cafeteria or outside to head to one of the nearby cafés or fast food restaurants. Virgil's eyes searched the diminishing crowd for his two friends, spotting them walking over to him with big smiles.

"Heya Virgie! Ready to go to lunch?" Remus greeted as Virgil packed up his belongings.

"Yup! Where to today?"

"I think Janus said McDonalds. That right Jay?" Remus looked over at the boy next to him who nodded.

"Yes. I'm assuming no one brought their lunch today therefore we can go to McDonalds. I have the employee's discount if we need it, though it's Remus' turn to pay for lunch," confirmed Janus.

"Let's go before the storm gets any closer," with that they all started down the sidewalk, Virgil skipping along with his hands holding one of his friend's and smile on his face.

As if nothing bad ever happened.

Thank y'all for 41 followers.

Also, according to Wattpad, this story is ranked number 33 in analogical! So yay!