Teen Idle

Trigger Warnings: bullying, Chris returns!, swearing, Wesley mentioned, . . .

Over two weeks later on a Tuesday Virgil had finished school and was at home with Remy, Logan and Emile of all people (finally decided to put him in the story besides mentioning him), Rebel bouncing around underfoot as they moved about the house. During the few weeks Virgil had Rebel he's trained him incredibly well, the pup knowing how to sit, speak, shake, stay, spin, and leave it. He was also completely potty trained with very few accidents the entire time he's been there and now he's being leash trained.

Virgil was in the living room with Emile sitting next to him on the couch and Rebel on his lap, Remy and Logan attempting to make cookies, a skill clearing only Virgil, Patton and Emile had. Both Virgil and Emile could feel the dread building up in one another as they waited for their boyfriends to be done with the dessert. In the end the two burned them all, having nothing but chard remains so they decided to just make popcorn instead.

At around 4:05 Virgil got a call from Roman, asking him he could drop by the school for a while to help the freshman with the makeup practice since they were new and the other experienced make-up artist was out for a band performance. Virgil agreed of course, Remy dropping him off at the school where Virgil quickly made his way to the theater where everyone was practicing. Once he arrived the director, Mx. Carter, showed him where the issue was, some of the freshman who wanted to try out make-uping having trouble with the fae look they were aiming for. Virgil spent well over an hour teaching the other people how to do the make-up, the freshman listening closing, at least, the one who cared were.

"Hey Virgie! How's it going?" Remus asked as he came over while they were taking a break, everyone getting a snack or something to drink before continuing rehearsal.

"It's going fine. How practice?" asked Virgil as Remus used Virgil's head as an armrest.

"Pretty good! Everyone is getting their lines memorized and soon we'll be running the play with no scripts," said Remus.

"That's great! Y'all're ahead of schedule. Maybe y'all can get more practice in because of it?" smiled Virgil.

"Virgil we need towels! Ari accidentally spilt some nail polish!" one of the freshman called, three young girls standing around as broken glass bottle.

"Oh geez. I'll get it, don't let the paint get on your clothes or bags, it'll stain like hell," replied Virgil, quickly going over to Mx. Carter who said to get paper towels, the director grabbing a cloth towel to see what they could clean up.

Virgil hurried out of the theater, heading into the nearest bathroom that was near the front of the school since the theater was at the end of the hall on the left to the front doors. He got some pager towels, wetting them down before hurrying out and down the hall. He was suddenly pushed against the lockers, a small yelp coming from him as his back hit the hard metal. When he looked up he seriously though about rolling his eyes and hissing. Chris stood there, with John and Zavier behind him since he was a coward without his friends for backup.

"Didn't expect you to be here, pixie," snickered Chris.

"Yeah, I help out at the school play. I have been since I was a sophomore," said Virgil, Chris raising one of his eyebrows.

"Oh? And when did you get confidence? Last time I saw you you were a stuttering mess," he growled.

"Well when you surround yourself with those who build you up you tend to become stronger. I have a boyfriend now who cares about me and loves me," stated Virgil, Chris' eyes blazing. He suddenly threw a punch, hitting Virgil squared in the chest in causing him to gasp in pain, the breath knocked out of him as he sunk to the ground, holding a hand over his chest.

"Was my cousin not enough!? It's your fault he's dead! You killed him, you good for nothing bitch!" Chris shouted, kicking Virgil in the side.

Oh yeah. Did Virgil forget to mention that Chris was Wesley's cousin? Whoops.

"No! He died because he chose to! I had nothing to do with it!" Virgil retorted fiercely, Chris's kicks getting harder. He was soon pulled up off the ground and shoved against the locker again, this time Chris kneeing him in the stomach. Virgil let out a strangled cry, really trying hard not to curse since he promised Logan not to do it in school.

He was loosing himself, he could feel the panic rising, his breaths becoming more labored, his hands started to shake and legs trembling. Damn it! Why did his anxiety have to kick in at the worst of times. He choked on his breath, tears threatening to spill over as he tried to block out the shouting and the hitting and the punching and the kicking.

"Why won't you leave me alone!" Virgil suddenly cried, dashing away from the three boys who had previously pinned to the locker and to the front doors, hearing a shout from Chris and pounding of shoes on the floor right after him.

Virgil's breathing was completely erratic, blood pounding in his ears as it blocked out any and all sound excluding his own breathing. The boy pushed the doors open and ran out of the school, taking steps three at a time as he tried to out run his bullies. The door was pushed open behind him as he made it to the bottom of the stairs, Virgil assuming it was Chris and his friends coming after him. He was running across the courtyard with the three right behind him, his heart pounding in his ears and eyes burning at tears fell down his cheeks.

"Go away!" he shouted, running into the road.

Movement just off to his right caused him to stop and look over, his blood freezing at he saw a car coming. Virgil distantly heard Chris and his friends shouting at him, telling him to move or get out of the way, but he couldn't. He couldn't move at all, not in the slightest. Fear nailed him to the spot, too terrified to move an inch.

He was a deer in the headlights.

The car didn't stop either. It wasn't going too fast for death thankfully, but it wasn't able to stop in time. It made immediate impact, slamming into Virgil's chest and causing him to hit his head, hard, on the hood of the car. That was the last thing Virgil remembered.

"All teachers and medical staff to the front of the building! I repeat, all teachers and medical staff to the front of the building immediately!"