Warriors

(Drawing at the top done by me. Look y'all! I can kinda draw people!)
Trigger Warnings: fluffy Virgil and Remy brotherly relationship, secrets, sweet boi Virgil

"Virgil, your brother's here to pick you up," Ms. Flex knelt next to Virgil while brushing some hair out of his eyes.

Virgil tiredly lifted his head then slowly pushed himself up from the beanbag chair. He wiped away the dried tear streaks with the sleeve of his shirt and grabbed his bag, gently pulling it over his shoulder. He then shuffled over to the door with Ms. Flex's help, her taking him out of the office to the main office where Virgil saw Remy waiting, no Starbucks which was rather unusual. The second Remy saw Virgil he ran over to him, engulfing the small bean in a hug that Virgil tiredly returned.

"Are you okay lil coco bean?" Remy asked, taking Virgil face in his hands. Virgil mumbled something that didn't sound coherent in the slightest.

"He should go home and get some rest Mr. di Angelo," Ms. Flex said before leaving. Remy nodded and slung an arm around Virgil's shoulder, guiding him out of the office to the doors. The thunder had let up for the time being and the rain was only a sprinkle which was convenient for both Remy and Virgil as they walked outside and got into Remy's car.

The drive would only take a few minutes which was rather helpful since more thunder and rain would be coming. It would be much better for Virgil if he was in his room on his bed wrapped in fifty layers of blankets napping when it starts thundering again than in a car.

Virgil rested his head against the window, watching tiny droplets of water hit the glass and begin to fall down in small streams as they drove home. The sound of cars driving through puddles and rain hitting metal lulled him into a peaceful state, but something was bothering him. Something he decided to ask Remy about.

"Hey Rem," Virgil mumbled, glancing over at his big brother in the driver's seat.

"Yes? Do ya need something?" Remy said and looked over at Virgil.

"Well I was wondering, could I not go to school on Friday? I don't have any tests or quizzes and I can get all the homework done in class," asked the pastel boy, looking at Remy with big eyes silently pleading for a yes.

"Why Friday? Is something happening at school?" Remy asked, raising a skeptical eyebrow.

"No! No, I just don't feel like going on Friday. Tomorrow we have a test in AP Astronomy so I don't want to miss it, otherwise I would as for tomorrow off instead," Virgil fibbed, but he knew the real reason he wanted to avoid Friday.

"Don't tell him. Keep it to yourself. It's better for everyone, then you'll be the only one getting hurt," he told himself, eyes flicking to the road then back to Remy.

Speaking of him, Remy let out a soft sigh then nodded. His grip on the steering wheel tighten a bit as he turned the car into their drive way, the metal clank of gears turning as the garage opening filled the former silence. They pulled in and Remy turned the car off then turned to face Virgil.

"If ya really don't want to go to school on Friday I won't make you. It'll let you relax after this week. But just know that tomorrow, if you want to come home after the test, just text me and I can pick you up. Don't force yourself through school when you're not up to it," his older brother said.

Virgil smiled softly at him, a small twinkle in his eyes as he did.

"Thanks Rem," he said, getting out of the car and grabbing his bag.

"Anything for you coco bean," Remy ruffled Virgil's bangs as he walked past, the two entering their house. "Now off to bed with you. You need some rest then you can do any homework you have."

Virgil nodded and walked up the stairs, entering his room and shutting the door behind him. There he set his bag on the ground, slipped off his shoes then crawled onto his bed, curling up under the piles of blankets and pillows that made up what Remy called, "The Nest." Virgil was asleep within minutes.

Downstairs Remy had set his keys and phone on the counter and flopped on the couch, Virgil's request of taking Friday off leaving him puzzled and a bit worried. Virgil wasn't the person to lie to Remy, it made him too anxious, so when he said nothing was going on at school he was telling the truth, right?

***

"Looks who's overthink now, you big hypocrite," Remy thought to himself with a dry chuckle, remembering all the time he would lightly berate Virgil for overthinking every possible detail about life when there was nothing wrong.

The start of a song made Remy's train of thought end, him scrambling up to grab his phone and answer the call. Looking at the contact, and remembering the song he chose for the person (Masquerade from Phantom of the Opera), Remy answered with a slight smile.

"Remy here," he said, walking back to the couch.

"How's Virgil?" Janus asked immediately.

"He's fine. Taking a nap upstairs and should be better in an hour or two. Whenever the lil bean gets up," answered Remy, sitting down on the couch with a soft huff.

"Oh thank goodness," Janus let out a sigh of relief and Remy swore he heard a happy screech in the background, probably from Remus.

"Oh, just so y'all know, Virgil asked to stay home on Friday so I'm letting him. He won't be meeting y'all on Friday so you can go without him," Remy added which was followed by a beat of silence.

"Skip Friday? Do you know why?" Remus, who Remy had been right about being behind Janus, asked.

"My guess is as good as y'all's. Did y'all notice anything off about him today or this week? Anyone bothering him?" questioned Remy who was fully prepared to destroy anyone who had hurt his innocent lil brother.

"No, not that we noticed. Though he did seem a bit jumpy on Monday, but he's always jumpy on Mondays," said Janus.

"Well keep an eye out tomorrow. Let me know if you see anyone bother my little brother," Remy said before hanging up, leaning back on the couch and closing his eyes.

"Are you hiding something from us Virgil?" Remy asked allowed, more to himself since Virgil was still sound asleep upstairs.

Just so y'all know Virgil doesn't have a normal twin or queen sized bed. He has a circular bed that's covered in a mountain of blankets and pillows that Virgil sleeps under. It make him feel safe and protected along with keeps him warm. You can often find Virgil burritoed up or cocooned under the layers of blankets

 You can often find Virgil burritoed up or cocooned under the layers of blankets

Sort of like this bed