Hey Brother

Trigger Warnings: mentions bullying, mentions conservatives, talks about the ambiguous hints of angst I've been dropping, pretty emotional

Virgil watched Nurse Tyler walk out and less than a minute later Remy walked in. Virgil could barely blink before Remy was at his side, tears clouding his stormy grey eyes as he pulled up a chair.

"Hey coco bean, how're you doing?" he asked, his voice rough, as if he'd been crying very recently.

"I'm fine, but how're you? You don't look so well," said Virgil, wishing he had a hand to use, but on had IVs and other tube stuck up the arm and the other was in a cast.

Remy chuckled, running a hand through his hair before answering, "I'm better now. You gave use all quite the scare. I honestly thought Janus was going to have a stroke in the hallway."

Virgil snorted softly, Remy chuckling as well before his eyes darkened and he looked down at the sheets. The atmosphere darkened slightly, the tension thick in the air as Virgil waited for Remy to say what was on his mind.

"Virgil... why didn't you tell us about the bullying?" Remy finally asked, Virgil wincing at the question. He knew it had been coming, but even so he still wasn't fully prepared.

"I'll tell you, but only if you promise to tell me something in return," murmured Virgil.

"Of course, anything," implored Remy, his eyes showing desperation to know what had caused all of this.

"I- I didn't want you to know. It's- it's hard to explain, but I didn't want you to over react, or to drag you into the mess I made. I just feel like it's my fault this happened so I'm dealing with it. I also, kinda, maybe sorta think I deserve it. Chris, the main bully, is Wesley's cousin and he hates me for what happened to him. I dunno, I just didn't want you to know, I didn't think it was that big of a deal or that you would kill them or something. As I said, it's hard to explain," Virgil attempted to explain, fiddling with the hospital sheets since he didn't have Remy's hoodie, or any hoodie, just the hospital gown most patients get.

"It's okay Virgil, those three won't give you anymore trouble. They've been suspended for now and I'm pressing charges," assured Remy, placing his left hand over Virgil's shoulder.

"Remy that's not really necessary," Virgil started.

"No. They hurt you, for who knows how long. I'm going to make them pay for hurting you. No one messes with Virgil di Angelo while Remy di Angelo breathes air. And din't you dare think that you deserve that! You are worth so much more and deserve the best out of life!" interrupted Remy.

"Okay. Do I have to be there?" Virgil sighed softly, tilting his head to the side.

"It would be ideal, but if you don't want to I won't make you. Now, what was the thing you wanted to ask me?" Remy asked.

Virgil stare down at the pool of sheets in his lap then flicked his eyes over to Remy, who was waiting patiently for the question. He huffed softly then gave Remy a watered down version of his famous Puppy Eyes™, Remy's sunglasses sliding down the bridge of his nose.

"How did I get my lip scars? And tell the truth this time. I want to know what happened to me," stated Virgil's, Remy's face paling and eyes widening.