Jar of Hearts

Yes, I know I already updated this book, but I have three reasons for doing so:
1. More people read this book and will more likely want it updated
2. Since more people read it that means more people will see the author's note at the bottom. Please read that, it's very important.
3. I really wanted to write this chapter since it covers an interesting topic to me. Just to let y'all know, this chapter will be explanations from Virgil and the next chapter will be actual flashbacks (it'll more than likely be in italics). This chapter is Virgil explaining stuff, next chapter is the actual written out story of events that transpired

To the story!

________________

Trigger Warnings: toxic relationship, mentions suicide (please read safely! Do not read the last line if you're sensitive to that kind of topic!)

Despite being tired from the day's events Virgil couldn't get to sleep. He laid curled up on his side of the bed, buried under the three warm blankets with only his eyes and nose peering out. Logan was laying next to, or rather across from him, seemingly sound asleep. The pastel boy sighed softly, burrowing even deeper into the comforter as he thoughts continued to keep him up passed the time he wanted.

Virgil didn't know why, but that night he thought of his first boyfriend after nearly a year of being free from those memories. Maybe it was because he had a new boyfriend and this new relationship caused him to think of his first one, maybe it was this trip since his former boyfriend always said that they would go out of state together, or maybe it was just because Virgil had been thinking a lot and the memories resurfaced. Either way Virgil remembered his ex, everything that had happened in that relationship and how it changed Virgil's life and his relationships to his friends and brother drastically.

His boyfriend had been named Wesley Anderson, a seemingly nice kid who was very outspoken and loved giving affection. He had curly brown hair, big expressive brown eyes ringed with amber, tan skin with darker freckles on his cheeks, arms, and legs, and stood about three inches taller than Virgil. It seemed like Wesley wore his heart in his sleeve and knew everyone, having many friends and few enemies, those who would insult him he'd just brush them off with a laugh and a smile.

Virgil first met Wesley in freshman year of high school, both in the same English and art class. They became friends quickly, Wesley standing up for Virgil and giving him some much needed confidence and self-esteem. They had started dating around halfway through the school year, remaining together until the end of sophomore year. When they ended it wasn't on good terms; in fact Remy had to kick Wesley out and got a restraining order against him, after the incident.

Virgil squeezed his eyes shut, not fond of remembering that day. That was the day Virgil found out what his relationship actually was, and who Wesley was as well. He had a very good facade, with the kind-hearted, cheery boy act, but Virgil had found out who he truly was, behind his bright smile and happy words.

"Virgil? Are you alright?"

Virgil flinched upon hearing his boyfriend, not expecting for him to be awake.

"I'm fine. Did I wake you?" Virgil asked, worried it was his fault Logan was now awake and not resting.

"Not entirely. I was not sleeping pleasantly and woke up. When I did I noticed that your breathing was not that of a sleeping individual and your heart rate seemed elevated," said Logan, sitting up slightly and grabbing his glasses off the night stand and slid them on, looking over at Virgil with his deep blue eyes.