16. a war

10/01/21
6435 words.

I wish you all luck with this one...

I accidentally published this earlier when it was unfinished and can I just note, if my introduction isn't there and/or you know it's not meant to be out yet. Please don't read. Out of respect.

I also had a few people ask me if it's ok to spam the comments, go for it! I love it and I really really appreciate it. They make me smile. So feel free.

****

"This is who I want next." The man growled, slapping down a piece of parchment.

The girl picked it up off the wooden table and unfolded it. Her expression blanched completely as she took in the name on the paper.

"I want her alive and kicking, as much blood still in her as possible. We could make a million out of someone as powerful as that."

She stared at the paper again. What the hell had she gotten herself into?

"Apparate her to the co-ordinates at the bottom. Not a scratch. Do you hear me?"

"Avery i-"

The man fists clenched dangerously, "what? Having second thoughts?"

She sighed, "really? They're assassins Ave. And talented ones at that."

"You are capable."

"The husband- he's one of the most powerful dark wizards in our history. There's no way. I reject it."

"You will do your job Amelie."

"B-"

"Do you want your family safe or not?"

Her stomach was flipping violently as she stared at the note, frozen. A name was scrawled across it. Y/n Malfoy.

"She's dangerous." The girl shook her head again, "have you ever seen her in combat?"

"No. And you have?"

"Years ago. Incredible aim, almost caugt me. But she has a prophecy, or so I heard. She never kills. We can use that to our advantage."

The man snorted, "probably doesn't want to come out like her husband."

Amelie gulped as she thought of the last time she saw Draco Malfoy, after that day she never wanted to see him again. The thought of him made her skin crawl.

"Surely you'd like revenge on the husband? He did kill your family after all."

She hissed, "they deserved it. What he was doing was only right and humane."

"Still." The man slid a knife onto the table, "I'd like him if you can take him."

She nodded reluctantly.

"Why do you seem so reluctant dear child?"

"I- I attacked her one time during my early years. We almost killed eachother. I had a knife to her throat and then... Her teacher, who ever trained her they just. They just appeared. I think it was Draco. I'm sure. but nobody that young could acquire what they had, I never want to come across that again."

"Ah yes. The ministry's little assassin toy. You know Amelie I wouldn't be so surprised. The boy was born out of war, for war. He was built that way. They don't call him a machine for no reason."

She sniffled, "he cast a curse and almost everyone dropped dead. Hundreds of people were killed that day, and I'm sure it was him. I know it. I saw his eyes through the mask."