8. keep you safe

5/10/20
3267 words

This chapter has been edited

---------------------------------------------------------------☆°•♡•°☆----------------------------------------------------------

 I grab my bag from the cabin with haste, ignoring Dracos's desperate pleads, and head back to my cabin heels clicking on the wooden floors, deep down felt awful but the anger was still coursing through my veins.

"Was that Draco yelling for you?" Florence simpered, as I slide through the cabin door ramming it shut with a loud clunk. 

"Yes," I murmured weakly.  I hadn't forgiven him yet but I was surprisingly close. I knew he was only saying that for his father but the fact he even said it... that his brain could form those words... it made my heart, ache. My eyes pooled with tears at the thought of losing him. How could someone I've barely known for a month become my life? It was ridiculous and childish, everything my mother had warned me of when it comes to boys. Maybe he already has a girlfriend here, I knew for a fact he'd made his way into every common room at some point. Probably every dorm.

"Hey hey it's ok," Malika says wrapping her arm around you. 'There's no need to cry. Boys are just dicks? Right. Pay him no mind."

I nodded, my body shaking as my head fell onto her shoulder. My thoughts were becoming overbearing. I needed an escape. 

She immediately scanned my thoughts and grasped onto my wrist, " How about we get dressed. We will be at Hogwarts soon and we can sit together huh? Watch the kiddies be sorted?''

"That sounds nice" I mumbled into her shoulder, inhaling her scent of spices, books, and mahogany, She stroked my hair with one hand reading her daily prophet with the other.

"JESUS CHRIST! Have you seen what Rita Skeeter has written about that Harry Potter?" She exclaimed slapping her Daily Prophet down on the table, wrenching away from me in her sheer anger, "Even if we're not friends with the boy just fucking look at this. No way he said that!"

I gawped at the Daily Prophet on the table, tracing my fingers over the title in bold, in sheer disbelief. What a bloody twat. I  took the profit up the table and jolted up, my bag falling of my knee, Malika gripped my wrist, " Where are you going?"

"Harry should see this. Now." I mumbled, fiddling with the latch on the cabin door and sighing in relief as I managed to push it open.

I slammed the door and ran down the cabins holding onto the doors for stability in the poorly lit hallway.

I peered around the corner before letting the second wave of relief was over me. No  Draco. I would face him when I was ready, I wasn't ready but I still ached for his touch. The way his hands ran across my skin and the things he would say to me- oh how I longed to have him whispering in my ear.

I knocked with no hesitation, pushing my way into the cabin, prophet in hand. 

"What's wrong?" Hermione piped from over book. 

"This. The prophet have you seen it?"

I had caught the whole cabin's attention now, "here Harry. You should see this."

He took it from me, barely breaking eye contact. His green hues were filled with panic and confusion.

"How- did she?" Harry stuttered at the headline.

Hermione grabs it out of his hand "What a bitch!" She exclaimed. "She can't keep doing this."

Harry had his head in his hands, muttering to himself about how it was like fifth-year all over again.