Musings: Premarital Sex

Jan 3, 2021

Well before I dig further to my own thoughts of it, let me just greet you again with a 'Happy New Year!'. I haven't written you a letter for so long. I couldn't even remember when was my last letter dated. There was so much going on with my life and I just didn't feel the need to write it down for someone who's not even curious.

Back to the topic...

I am neither a pro nor a con to premarital sex. But if I were to be asked, it only a matter of; 'How responsible are you?'. Of course I would want to experience the pleasure at some point in my life before I die. But before I do so, I would have to ponder on; "How ready am I?"

Am I responsible enough to become a mother? Am I financially ready? Am I physically ready?

Well I am of course aware of contraceptives and the like. But one way or another, there still a chance to get preggo at some point. And I'm not sure if I'd be ready for that as of now. I'm no longer considered very young, but at mid 20's, for me it is still a young age to become a parent.

It's probably less of a worry for men. You aren't the ones who would go through the torments of being pregnant. Nor would you have to go through the hell of giving birth. But you are still partly responsible.

I don't parenting would be easy. For every child is different. They would need time and affection. And it would need a different kind of patience to deal with offsprings.

I think everything happens at the right time. And if I were to choose my own path, I'd rather be wedded first before I consummate.  Though I am no longer innocent of such matters, at least I have never been touched. For me, it is still the best gift I could give to my future spouse.

How about you? What do you think?

Ever a curious cat,
-Krizia @24