Musings: Relationships

Jan 03, 2021

There is something else I would like to talk about. Of course it would still be related to marriage. I mean, I must be honest I am also quite fussy about my civil status.

But why are you even feeling distressed at being single?

You are male. You can practically ask anyone out, and if you get rejected, you can ask someone else. You have the freedom to court the other gender.

Your older brother is not yet even married. Only that, it is just my presumption, of course. But still what's there to worry about?

I, on the other hand, am a female. It's not common for us to court the other gender. I cannot act on my impulse without being embarrassed. I have a married brother. I also happen to be an aunt. But if you would ask me if I know how to deal with children, that would be answered with a resounding 'no'.

I also happen to have no suitors since birth. Never even experienced a single kiss. Never knew how it would feel like to be in a relationship. While on the other hand, you have already experienced these sort of stuff.

I may be imaginative. And I may seem like I know the ways of romance. Lest, I assure you, I am basically clueless. Though I enjoy looking at couples and learning from them. But how can one be certain, if one have never experienced it before?

I may have said that I'm okay with being an old spinster. Yet, I still wish to experience what you have experienced. I wish to at least be in a relationship once in my life, no matter how fleeting a time that could be. At least for a moment, I was able to experience it, both the bliss and the hurt thereafter.

Your friend,
-Krizia @24