Entry #147 (4-22-22)

Dear Future me,

Yesterday we celebrated our 9th Anniversary of singlehood. To be honest, it's been 25 years and I'm still single. Hahaha. But that's alright, good things come when you wait.

So much has happened this week. It was a whirlwind of stressing, panicking, laughing, and letting go. It all started when I almost missed my flight last Monday. I rode a gruelling 14 hours bus ride from Naga City to Manila. My flight will be leaving by 11 am, and the last call for baggage check in will be on 10:15am. But guess what? We were still stuck in a really bad traffick at Laguna around 7am.

I really panicked a lot. But I kept praying that the Lord will ease our way out. I kept on doing a positive mantra that I will get there on time. It was a good thing that I used my waze app to know where we are. When I realized we are already a few blocks away from the airport, I asked the driver if he could drop me somewhere so I won't miss my flight.

The bus drivers were kind enough to assist me. They dropped me near a gas station, and we looked for my luggage. It was good enough that a taxi driver was waiting for passengers nearby. He offered me a ride and I quickly said "yes". He was informed that we are in a hurry so I could catch my flight. Although he charged me a huge sum for my fare, I didn't mind so long as I could arrive at the airport before 10am.

We arrived there at around 9:40 am. And there goes another hurdle to overcome. The queue at the airport entrance was beyond imagination. If I went in line like what normal people would do, I would probably miss my flight. I asked the lady guard if I could skip the line and go ahead since my flight is already coming near. She asked the man next in line if I could insert past him. It was a good thing that he was considerate enough to let me pass through. He even helped me with my luggage during baggage x-ray. I tried to explain to him why I was late. But he just politely smiled.

At the check in counter, I wasn't quick enough to notice that my flight is already on the last call. I even went in line. Good thing, I was quick to hear the lady calling last call for my flight. I went running towards that counter and checked in my luggage.

By the time I arrived at the waiting area, my legs where already wobbly, and I feel like I'm about to pass out. I wasn't able to sleep during my bus ride, plus I didn't buy food during our stop over for breakfast. I was both hungry and sleepy. It was a miracle that I didn't pass out.

Then on Tuesday it was also a struggle. I was stressed out by my niece who was having tantrums on our way to ICM. It was frustrating straddling a crying toddler in your arms while waiting up for the playground personnel to be finished with the person ahead of you. Plus I had to fill up all this stuff and it was already hard cause my niece won't stop crying. To finish off the day, I got scammed by a phising text.

Just lovely!

On Wednesday, I wasn't able to eat well cause we were in a hurry to catch the jeep going to Tagbilaran city. Then we went to the bank to complain about the phising scam. They said there is no assurance that my money will be given back to me.

Then Tita Ann drove me to the Tagbilaran sea port for my voyage towards Cebu city. The trip was delayed by almost three hours. Since I wasn't able to eat well the whole day, I was so hungry when I arrived at Cebu port. The taxis at the sea port were very picky, so I took a jeep going to Robinson's mall so I can ride a taxi. My driver misinterpreted the directions Bless gave me and so he charged me an extra twenty bucks for it. 🙄

Finally, Thursday came and I was able to actually relax for the first time. We had so so much fun in Anjo World. And I was able to ride the ferris wheel for the first time. ♥️ Though I still hadn't have the courage to ride the roller coaster this time. I guess the bucket list is for another amusement park travel. Hopefully the next time I visit an amusement park I will be with my boyfriend.

Happy 9 years of waiting!

Love lots,
-Krizia @25