Entry# 158 (10-08-22)

Dear future me,

I was just thinking how odd I am. I know, it's not good to compare myself to others. But I am odd, am I not?

I don't follow trends. I don't watch the news. My life revolves on the small circle that I want to be part of. Therefore, I'm basically the odd one out. People would talk about a certain trend and I don't have any idea what they are talking about.

Even on social media. I installed and made accounts for Twitter, Instagram, and Tiktok just recently, and I couldn't find myself enjoying any of it. I don't even have life after work, aside from our daily chika-sesh here in our dorm. I barely go out nowadays. I'v stopped taking myself on self-dates to save more money. Sometimes I question myself, am I even living?

I waste my time, staring on my phone. I want to talk to people, so I don't feel so alone. But they are mostly out of reach. And there are times when I am missing home, but then they aren't missing me.

I wish there was someone that could listen to me right now. I just want to rant. But then I always end up listening to other people's rants. No one's actually listening to me. They are just waiting for their time to talk. So I let them talk.

I'm a sponge. I'm soaking on their emotions. Just waiting for that one hand who's thoughtful enough to squeeze the weight out of me.

-25 me