Night | 0.21

Night ♛

Night

For a couple of weeks now, Bambi had been kept up all night, turning in her sheets. Dumbledore still had no further insight on the glow, despite apparently having experts on it. He hadn't told her who said experts were, but Bambi thought better to pry. So she sat dead into the night, thinking. She hadn't told her parents at home anything that had happened. How would she be able to. Bring up her mother was alive, wanting to see her? The necklace she gave her had hidden powers? Alex would have had a heart attack knowing she could be possibly in danger. Any magic she was unsure about sent her off the edge.

That night, Bambi found it even harder to sleep. With Harry and Rita playing on her mind there was no hope. Instead, she decided a walk would at leats clear her mind some what. Knowing she would have to be careful, Bambi kept her candle light dim, creeping around the corner with caution. The halls were deserts, occasionally whispers of teachers on patrol were heard, but nothing she had to worry about. Soon enough, her mind wondered, returning to her haunting thoughts. What trigged it? She thought, what did the Red mean or even Blue?

Preoccupied, she didn't even realise where she was going looking around for some indication. The fire on top of the candle suddenly was vanished, flowing away. Staring at where the candle was placed in her hand, she was confused. She had no more matches on her and using her wand would be too loud. Fuck. But, before she could even think of making her way back, the side of her shoulder was nudged. Bambi went to scream, fear rising but a hand was clamped over her mouth. There Harry stood, only his head and arm visible.

More fear arose in her, backing away. Harry hushing, raced forward, pulling what seemed to be a cloak off him, revealing the rest of his body. Bambi eye was wide. Harry waved the cloak up, "Please don't panic. It's an invisibility cloak. My dad left it too me years ago"

An invisibility cloak? Bambi had nether heard of such thing but there it was right in front of her. More bizarre magic. Harry handed her the Cloak into her hand. Indeed, the feeling of velvet was along her hand, but not being seen. "Wow," she breathed.

He smiled, grabbing the cloak before noticing her to get under with him. Curious, she followed. Sound was slightly muffled under the cloak, but surprisingly, it was light. Next to her, Harry held the egg he caught and a large parchment what seemly could only be a map of the entire school. However, Bambi watched as black footprints walked among the map. When would it end? Noticing her further confusion, Harry explained it was the marauder map, showing him where everyone in the school was. He had even seen her coming along.

Walking along the halls, Bambi was in awe. A magical map and invisibility cloak. What some people could do with that sort of magic. Bambi knew what she would do. Heading straight to the kitchen, stealing a lot of food. Harry began explaining he had seen crouch on the map in Snape officer which greatly confused her. Crouch was meant to be ill? Why was he in Snape office at least? Before she could question further, they both stumbled on a step, the egg and map flying from his hands.